Cobb named starting QB vs. Miss. State, Hartline whines

McCat

Rent free in your head
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Kentucky Coach Rich Brooks says Freshman Randall Cobb will be the starting quarterback when the Wildcats face Mississippi State on Saturday.

At his Monday news conference, Brooks said he made the switch from Mike Hartline because Cobb is better able to move the ball.

Freshman QB Randall Cobb to start for depleted Kentucky - NCAA Football - SI.com

"It stinks," Hartline said, reacting to Coach Rich Brooks' decision to start freshman Randall Cobb this Saturday at Mississippi State. "No one ever expects to win a starting job and then lose it because guys around him aren't performing the way they should. It's disappointing, but it's best for the team, and I'm a team player. And that's just the way it has to be."

UK's Hartline says demotion 'stinks' | KentuckySports.com

Wow. I can't believe Hartline said that publicly.

What exactly is he trying to accomplish? Throws his team under the bus and blames them for his demotion, but then says "It's disappointing, but it's best for the team, and I'm a team player. And that's just the way it has to be."

Hartline needs to stop complaining he'll be lucky to ever see the field again in a competitive situation.

It will be very sad when a guy from Alcoa high school stomps us to end our winning streak against Kentucky.

It's balanced out though, they got Seiber from Central and he just may be the worst kicker in the history of NCAA athletics.

Hartline didn't sound like much of a leader in that interview.

The interview omitted some quotes that balanced it out, evidently. Hartline issued an official apology today:

Hartline said Wednesday that he regretted his immediate reaction to the demotion.

"It didn't come out the way I intended," Hartline said. "I got with the offense today and told them that if I disrespected anybody, I apologize. I think they know what kind of guy I am and they know my character, and it was good to see that."

Hartline apologizes to teammates | KentuckySports.com

Takes a little man to vent his frustration, and a bigger man to apologize. :good!:

Now we can focus on MSU- no Croomage this week!

Wow... Yea, I can't believe he said that publicly either... Well congrats to Cobb, it's always nice to see hometown talent do well. I just wish he was wearing orange and white! :)

I thought is was funny that he immediately rationalized his statement to himself by pointing out the very flaw he is guilty of.

"I'm a team player".

GEEZ, Hartline is pathetic, his teammates are not here to blame, I mean he made some very goofy passes and decisions saturday against UF, He lost the ballgame all by himself, just pathetic.

VN Store

Back