Coldest Winter ever recorded in Antartica (records began in 1957)

Reactions: StarRaider
I'll bite, just because I'm a leftist contrarian... from the article:

Antarctica's frigid winter temperatures are in contrast to trends in the rest of the world, which overall recorded its fourth hottest summer. In fact, July 2021 was the hottest month ever recorded, Live Science previously reported.

IOW, the net Btu is the same?

I'll bite, just because I'm a leftist contrarian... from the article:

Antarctica's frigid winter temperatures are in contrast to trends in the rest of the world, which overall recorded its fourth hottest summer. In fact, July 2021 was the hottest month ever recorded, Live Science previously reported.
486F4A9B-EEA8-4CDD-BAE4-F8A7CED1426E.gif

I go south and things get warmer.
Fake news. South pole should be hottest spot on earth.

hillbilly-dance.gif

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
"Climate Change" is the best rebrand (from global warming) EVER because it is guaranteed to always be true.
Is it cold? Climate change!
Is it hot? Climate change.
Too much Rain? climate change.
Not enough rain? Yep, you guessed it, climate change.

Whoever came up with it should win an achievement award from the association of political hackery.

"Climate Change" is the best rebrand (from global warming) EVER because it is guaranteed to always be true.
Is it cold? Climate change!
Is it hot? Climate change.
Too much Rain? climate change.
Not enough rain? Yep, you guessed it, climate change.

Whoever came up with it should win an achievement award from the association of political hackery.

The hilarious part is listening to the "climate scientists" try to explain climate change. For example it's been pretty much accepted that melting in the northern areas would lead to a cutoff of the Gulf Stream (Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation - AMOC. I always got that that would lead to a self correcting chain of events. For example:
The Little Ice Age was one of the coldest periods of the last ~10,000 years in the Northern-Hemisphere. Although there is increasing evidence that this cooling was associated with a weakening of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC), the sequence of events that led to a significant reduction in deep convection has yet to be explained.

There it is in the last sentence - the we're not really sure how it works. But still we know man is destroying the earth. There's growing panic now over the AMOC going amok ... like we're all gonna die. The Little Ice Age didn't really make life better for people, but it did cool off the Medieval Warm Period which was probably better. The point is for some reason all this is new, man is the cause, and the earth never went through spells in the past.

VN Store

Back