Colin Cowherd gives his CFB predictions

VolDad

Notes:

Said to have a chance you must be a B+ or above in quarterback, coach, and schedule.

Teams that are out include:
Penn State – will not make it because they have to go to Wisconsin and Ohio State
Virginia Tech – quarterback issues and tough schedule
Texas – tough schedule Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Missouri (with 4 all-American quarterbacks)
West Virginia – tough schedule and inexperienced coach
LSU – tough but workable schedule, quarterback issues
Missouri – easy schedule except ends year with Kansas and Oklahoma back-to-back (counting conference championship game)
Georgia – brutal schedule

Top 5
5) Wisconsin – weak at quarterback, but weak schedule, will be forgiven for early loss
4) Oklahoma – easy schedule, good coach and quarterback
3) Ohio State – coach good, creampuff schedule except at USC, overrated quarterback, people are tired of seeing them in the BCSCG
Florida – good coach and quarterback, workable schedule (said a loss early in the year at TN would not hurt them because you are allowed 1 loss in the SEC) Will play for BCSC.
USC – good coach, easy schedule (especially road schedule), questionable quarterback, great defense. Will play for BCSC

I love CC, but I dont listen to him for his savy predictions. That being said, a UF vs USC championship would not suprise me.

the man is an arrogant SOB who knows nothing about college football that he doesn't a) learn from his staff or b) take from the vegas poll he seems to think is so great (you know the same poll that had michigan and UCLA as top-10 teams last year).

he's funny as heck. In the middle of the day he's great radio. I actually look for OU to make it to the NC this year.

I love Cowherd. He's a West Coast guy who loves Rich Brooks.

:rock:

college football are worthless: Nobody knows anything about how teams will PLAY. I emphasize the word /play/, because you can predict that solid programs with a fairly easy schedule might be in the title hunt. Oklahoma plays a fairly easy schedule most years, and with the big 10 fairly mediocre nowadays osu has been cleaning up. Same with southern cal: who really challenges them consistently in the pac 10? Winning games are being good are two different things--as we've seen from osu in recent title games. :dance2:

It seems to me that in the last few years the prognosticators have usually been at least half right when predicting the national championship match-up. Last year, a lot of people predicted LSU and a fair number thought they'd play tOSU. The year before, tOSU was heavily favored preseason to get there. Florida was a bit of a surprise, yes.

I suppose the top teams prediction-wise this year are Oklahoma, tOSU, Missouri, Georgia, USC, and Florida. Most of the prediction guys appear to have at least one of those teams in the mix, if not two.

I agree on the tOSU problem. If they lose a game, there will be a lot of voters who will drop them far, just to try to keep them out of the discussion. If there are multiple one loss teams vying for one or both spots, I think the Buckeyes are not going to get a lot of sympathy. And that is especially so if an SEC team is a likely opponenet.

Yea I listened to it on my Sirius and wasnt surprised. He said UF could lose to us and still go to the NC if they went undefeated after that, and USC could lose to The Ohio State and they would still go to the NC because people are sick of watching tOSU in the NC.

Overall very interesting, and he makes good points.

Thank god he didnt have UGAly in the NC game (schedual too brutal)

i didn't see a single person pick OSU to go to the title game last year.

Then we listen to different people. I will say I heard LSU a lot more than anyone else. They were close to annointed. But tOSU was noted as one of the top five candidates, if memory serves.

Gee whiz, I post something about Florida being on this year's short list for BCS c-ship game and the board crashes?

Like you'd expect any different, LG...

Cowherd does a west coast only hour from 6-7am here that I listen to. He is kind of a hammer and I disagree with him more often than not. He tends to do what Droski says, and usually takes moral standpoints just for the sake of sounding like a d-bag about things. But I find his show entertaining anyhow.

why would he love a guy who had a carreer .400 winning % at oregon?

Your comment shows how little knowledge of college football that you possess.

Brooks took Oregon from being total gutterball with no facilities to a top program that made the Rose Bowl at the end of his tenure. His strength is building programs.

right right. phil knight becoming a billionare 10 years after brooks took over had nothing to do with oregon's improving football program. that's why they've sucked so bad since brooks left. 6th, 8th, and 9th in the pac-10 in 3 out of his 4 last years at Oregon. Amazing. You'd think they would build him a statue at oregon for that great program he built and that foundation of bottom of the pac-10 finishes. Hard to imagine how they have survived without him.

1977 Oregon 3-8 2-5 7th
1978 Oregon 1-10 1-6 10th
1979 Oregon 4-7 2-5 9th
1980 Oregon 6-3-2 4-3-1 5th
1981 Oregon 2-9 1-6 9th
1982 Oregon 2-8-1 2-6 9th
1983 Oregon 4-6-1 3-3-1 T-6th
1984 Oregon 6-5 3-5 T-7th
1985 Oregon 5-6 3-4 6th
1986 Oregon 5-6 3-5 7th
1987 Oregon 6-5 4-4 T-4th
1988 Oregon 6-6 3-5 T-6th