College Education

Lexvol

I'm Your Huckleberry
When I was 18 or 19 I too thought that beating the hell out of someone who stole something from me or my girlfriend was appropriate. Luckily, I was never put into that situation. Now, going to college is part of a socialization process. Sure some people deserve a good beating, but if you went around slapping everyone that deserved it you develop some dangerous antisocial behaviors.

You go to college in part to learn to reason your way through these situations. Obviously, on some level the university system has failed here to some degree. Fulmer has the opportunity to teach a valuable lesson, and I for one hope he takes the time to give such instruction.

The thought did cross my mind, but I think a long suspension is more likely, something like 6 to 8 games and probation with Trooper Taylor. IMO I do not believe that removal from the team is too harsh. What do you think?

I was thinking we could start a chaperone business across the southeast and make lots of cash cleaning up programs. What is so hard about calling a coach, or other adult before you decide to whale on someones melon?

Originally posted by Lexvol@Apr 12, 2005 3:34 PM
What is so hard about calling a coach, or other adult before you decide to whale on someones melon?

:blink: I'm sure that would be the first thing to cross a young man's mind as he prepares to bludgeon his assailant.

(ring, ring)

COACH: Mmggg, mggg. (clears throat), mmmm, he-, hello?

PLAYER: Hey coach, it's Jones.

COACH: Who?

PLAYER: Jones, your starting tailback.

COACH: Jones? What in the hell are you doing calling me at 5 am?

PLAYER: Well, I've got a problem. Me and some of my boys are just fixin' to give this fool a beat down for calling my girl a sleazy, no-good ho.

(click)

PLAYER: Coach? Hello?

:withstupid:

I went to UT for 4 years and never got into a fight.

I never cussed someone out if they bumped into me.

I never used drugs since they were illegal.

Now, I understand being football players can bring extra attention but if these things happen, it is THEIR fault. Not the cops and not their parents who some blame.

wen u say since the were illegal... does that mean u did till they were, or they already were and u didnt use them cuz of that???

I didn't use drugs because they were illegal at the time and my education was being paid by the Marine Corp.

VN Store

Back