College football's top NIL programs ranked

Severely misleading title. The article is ranking schools by some sort of opaque calculation for total donation amounts over a period of time. As an example, it ranks Oregon #1 and cites Phil Knight giving 500 million to Oregon, but that donation had nothing to do with NIL funding, so ... that's not an NIL effort? That's just money to the school's athletics department and facilities.

Click bait garbage. Tennessee is #1 and everyone else knows it. I believe the term used is "Undisputed NIL Leader in the nation," I like this article better than the other one.

Severely misleading title. The article is ranking schools by some sort of opaque calculation for total donation amounts over a period of time. As an example, it ranks Oregon #1 and cites Phil Knight giving 500 million to Oregon, but that donation had nothing to do with NIL funding, so ... that's not an NIL effort? That's just money to the school's athletics department and facilities.
Not sure what they're including but it definitely isn't total gifts or endowments because U of Texas's endowments are valued at ~ $40 billion. And if they are including all gifts the Arkansas collective without the Waltons ( $300 million in one gift) must be pretty lame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
Oregon has a very strong NIL program if you listen to basically any of the professional national recruiting people. The exact ranking of any school is not possible to know but Oregon is a school that is at or near the top in that area right now based on the information known to people who talk to recruits and coaches about the subject for a living.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Click bait garbage. Tennessee is #1 and everyone else knows it. I believe the term used is "Undisputed NIL Leader in the nation," I like this article better than the other one.

Your link is a year old. Things have changed. We aren’t the #1 NIL.

Will need to keep this post in mind in a couple of years to really determine the effect NIL will have on the playoffs and national championships. Players who play only for the money may not have the winning attitude characteristics that leads to championships.

Reactions: savannahfan
Will need to keep this post in mind in a couple of years to really determine the effect NIL will have on the playoffs and national championships. Players who play only for the money may not have the winning attitude characteristics that leads to championships.
I'll give you the Volnation cheat sheet for how that effect works right now:

1. In the case of UT, in regards to any championship we win, our players love the University and play for the love of the game; whereas
2. The other teams on this list have hired mercenaries and have bought any championships they happen to win, and are therefore illegitimate.

Yeah that's a terrible article. Both UF and and Florida State have both had issues getting their NIL up to par. And Virginia being above us in NIL? Don't make me laugh.

OK St is having to put a venmo tag on their helmets in order to drive up NIL donations. Somehow they are 6th overall? 🤣

Reactions: Kdbnab1
I can promise you that OK State ain't 6th and Virginia ain't 13th.

Reactions: Kdbnab1
I'll give you the Volnation cheat sheet for how that effect works right now:

1. In the case of UT, in regards to any championship we win, our players love the University and play for the love of the game; whereas
2. The other teams on this list have hired mercenaries and have bought any championships they happen to win, and are therefore illegitimate.
Agree. Whoever wins the national championship will have bought their way there....at least that's the way all other schools will view it.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah… any NIL ranking that has Virginia ahead of us and barely behind Alabama is gonna be flawed. Lol

VN Store

Back