Comeback Falls Short as Vols Drop 9-6 Decision to Milwaukee in Series Finale

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Tennessee baseball team fell in a nine-run hole and couldn't quite dig its way out, as it suffered its first loss of the 2011 campaign, 9-6, in the series finale against Milwaukee on Sunday afternoon at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

I didnt watch the game, but I think its hard to tell if we are any good because of very weak non conference schedule. I know its the first series so correct me if wrong, but it appears we are a good fielding team, average hitting(no power), weak rotation and bullpen.

The Vols gave up to many runs to win this game including a three run homer. Unhappy they did not sweep but still happy they still won the series to start the season.
To many runners left on base, and to many walks.

A valiant effort not quitting for the Vols trying to comeback but every dog has it's day, and today was the Panthers day.

Seems to me ReTodd Raleigh picked up where he left off. If ReTodd makes it until the end of the season Hamilton needs to quit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I didnt watch the game, but I think its hard to tell if we are any good because of very weak non conference schedule. I know its the first series so correct me if wrong, but it appears we are a good fielding team, average hitting(no power), weak rotation and bullpen.

that about sums it up. I see some potential there, but we still have a ways to go.

VN Store

Back