Comparing the quarterbacks

allvol

Eternally Optimistic
Interesting Facts regarding the 2 quarterbacks. Let's compare...

Ainge has commanded 11 drives this season. The Vols have amassed 480 yards on 77 plays and scored 37 points. Of the 11 drives, there have been 5 TDs, 1 made FG, 1 missed FG, 3 punts, and 1 interception.

Schaeffer has commanded 10 drives this season. The Vols have amassed 485 yards on 70 plays and scored 35 points. Of the 10 drives, there have been 5 TDs, 2 punts, and 3 fumbles.

Another interesting stat I read is so far this year, we have had 10 drives of 80 yards already thi year with 2 freshmen QB's at that!!! Last year with a senior, we only had 13. Truly amazing.

i was skeptical at first with the platooning freshman qbs....made my stomach churn just thinking what the gatrs might do to those poor boys...but i am a beleiver in true freshmen now!! :yourock: :groupwave:

GO BIG ORANGE!! :number1:

:lol: That'd be funny if they did and incorporated a play-action snap. But, as always; I point to the avatar.

<-

Both the Qb&#39;s are moving the ball and putting up yards and points. I love them both&#33; The fumbles and int&#39;s are expected.

This from my brother who lives in Georgia and married into a Dawg family (he is still all 100% Vol)....

Don&#39;t count out Schaffer just yet either.  He might give us a better chance to beat Georgia than Ainge.

True. Both quarterbacks have yet to be fully challenged. I want UT to play a team who is capable of penetrating the line.

Ainge scares me to death the way he doesn&#39;t care to throw right into traffic, but so long as he continues to hit &#39;em right between the numbers, I can live without my fingernails &#33; :blink:

If you notice, by the time he&#39;s throwing those kinds of passes, he&#39;s played enough to gauge the defense and their capabilities. And for as many of those passes as he does, one interception is pretty darned good.

Schaeffer’s speed could beat just about any team&#33; :rocks:

I love Ainge&#39;s precision and if he keeps throwing 3 TD&#39;s a game I’ll happily give up a pick or two....maybe just one. :unsure: Throwing across his body off his back foot is the thing that scares me but so far so good&#33;

It is going to be fun to watch these kids grow up.

Originally posted by allvol@Sep 21, 2004 4:22 PM
This from my brother who lives in Georgia and married into a Dawg family (he is still all 100% Vol)....

Don&#39;t count out Schaffer just yet either.  He might give us a better chance to beat Georgia than Ainge.

The reason is that Georgia has in the past and continues to have problems containing mobile quarterbacks who improvise. Very similar to UT&#39;s defense, the Dawgs overpursue and sometimes it comes back to bite them in the :moon2:

VN Store

Back