Congrats Alex Ellis

tennesseeduke

Alex Ellis 1 of the most underrated players the past 2 seasons just received a national award.

Per 247

Tennessee football VFL Alex Ellis has been named the 2016 Muscle Milk Male "Athlete of the Year," as announced at the CPSDA Annual Conference Awards Banquet this past weekend.

The Muscle Milk "Athlete of the Year" Award recognizes one male and one female collegiate, Olympic, professional or tactical (military, police or fire) athlete whose athletic accomplishments, in the opinion of the sports dietitian, reflect dedication to sports nutrition. Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association (CPSDA) members nominate one or more athletes who represent the very best of sports nutrition.

Ellis demonstrated an outstanding commitment to sports nutrition during his Tennessee football career. The former quarterback from Delmar High School was originally a walk-on at Tennessee and changed his position to tight end. After Ellis' years of hard work and determination, UT head coach Butch Jones awarded him a full scholarship in December of 2014.

He played in 26 career games, making 14 receptions for 232 yards and one touchdown. Ellis had the best game of his college career in the Vols' 45-6 Outback Bowl win over Northwestern on Jan. 1, making three catches for 74 yards, including career-long 42-yard catch.

Ellis signed an undrafted free agent contract with the Tennessee Titans on May 1.

Conrats Alex and best of luck with Tennessee Titans. A true VFL.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 15 people
I would like to see him make the team after all the hard work he put in over the years. He seemed like one of those late bloomers who can get the job done. The award is like icing on the cake, congrats Alex Ellis, you earned it!

Alex Ellis is one of those guys, like Benedict Cumberbatch (known fondly around my house as Benadryl Cummerbund) or Zachary Quinto, with whom you always have to use their first and last names together. It's never "Alex", and it's never "Ellis", it is always Alex Ellis.

Congrats, Alex Ellis! :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
pretty sure he is also diabetic. which makes it even more impressive.

He is....it took a year or two for them to get a grasp on how to manage it. Probably slowed his initial development. I know Alex, and there isn't a finer young man. We've attended church with him for the last couple of years...he's been an inspiration and a friend to my son who is a HS QB here in town. Alex even took 2 hours one Saturday morning recently to come run routes and catch balls for him with his private QB coach. What made it more special is that it was during his preparation for his pro-day. I think the world of Alex, and will be among his biggest fans during his time in the league.

Reactions: 3 people
He is....it took a year or two for them to get a grasp on how to manage it. Probably slowed his initial development. I know Alex, and there isn't a finer young man. We've attended church with him for the last couple of years...he's been an inspiration and a friend to my son who is a HS QB here in town. Alex even took 2 hours one Saturday morning recently to come run routes and catch balls for him with his private QB coach. What made it more special is that it was during his preparation for his pro-day. I think the world of Alex, and will be among his biggest fans during his time in the league.

Did said QB throw any deep routes to him?

;-)

TennesseeDuke

He comes from a great family and I can't say enough good things about him. I worked with his sister before they moved back to Delware. Just some of the most loving, kind, happy people I know. Best of luck to him

Reactions: 3 people
He comes from a great family and I can't say enough good things about him. I worked with his sister before they moved back to Delware. Just some of the most loving, kind, happy people I know. Best of luck to him

Absolutely...they attended church with us too. Nice folks.

Hey thats fantastic! Way to go Alex Ellis. Wouldn't be surprised if things work out for him to stick with the Titans.

VN Store

Back