Congrats to a.j.johnson

AJ gets it.

He's also a top 5 linebacker prospect on Kiper's early watch list.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=64406&tag=a-j-johnson

Last edited:
He is a tackle machine. Stupid we ran him on the outside his freshman year. Way too slow for outside. He is a stud in the middle though.........

If AJ played on a better team last year, he would be getting "almost" as much press as Clowney.

Now who lead the SEC in tackles last year?........hmm?......well I'm stumped. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously well deserved. Did anyone see that Clowney isn't on that watch list though? What the hell?

Great job, AJ!

I'll warn you - some in this forum have a tendency to bash AJ and claim he's way overrated. For my part, I think he's great and I enjoy watching him play.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
If AJ played on a better team last year, he would be getting "almost" as much press as Clowney.

Now who lead the SEC in tackles last year?........hmm?......well I'm stumped. :)

I agree 100%....now about your avi....good looking ho-ho....but shes in bammer gear

You can have a great player like AJ, but if the rest of the defense/team can't get the job down he'll get lost in the wash. He'll get drafted don't get me wrong, the accolades won't be there like it would if we were successful.

Hopefully we have the kind of success that AJ will benefit from.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm shocked that the legion of losers haven't chimed in to tell us how much he sucks, how slow footed he is, and how big of an overall liability he is. SMDH!

AJ is a beast. I hope he does come back for his final season. Maybe by then we can have a lockdown defense and actually contend in SEC games

Someone name me one game changing play he has made sense at UT?

Name one game changing play in the last few years anyone has made on defense? Eric Gordon is the only one who sticks out.

The Florida strip and return was nice. The record setting tackles against LSU, Bama. The record setting tackles for season as a freshman.

Great job, AJ!

I'll warn you - some in this forum have a tendency to bash AJ and claim he's way overrated. For my part, I think he's great and I enjoy watching him play.

Go Vols!
I like him also. I think for the most part AJ has gotten by on talent but not good coaching. His talent with improved coaching and I say he plays lights out this year. He should be in the same conversation as Clowney.

VN Store

Back