Congrats to Tee Martin for 26 year SEC record

And the 24th was dropped by the receiver.
If I remember correctly, it was a short hitch, and he didn’t drop it. It went through his hands. He could have caught it, but I think Tee threw it a little high and a little too early/fast for a short hitch.

If I remember correctly, it was a short hitch, and he didn’t drop it. It went through his hands. He could have caught it, but I think Tee threw it a little high and a little too early/fast for a short hitch.

Welp, lemme say this. All my memory would allow was that Tee should have been 24-24. It was 26 years ago and I've had too much excited living since then .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Man, I was there. Got seats in the SC student section. They’re butt wipes now, but back then, the students were actually pretty chill. My ex-wife and I had a running conversation with a couple of them. Once the game was in hand, they started to toss a football around. Gave a sarcastic cheer when the Cocks finally completed a pass in the 4th. It was an enjoyable day!

Reactions: rbjnet
The one thing that frustrated me Saturday night was at one point the broadcasters put out a list of great TN QBs: Condredge Holloway, Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, and Hendon Hooker was who they listed.

I felt like Tee Martin and Josh Dobbs should have been referenced.

Hard to acknowledge it myself. A blow out 31 -0 at halftime lead to me its like hitting a golf ball over a fence instead of a baseball lol.

I seem to recall that one of Tee's receivers missed a catch that would have made him a perfect 24 of 24 in that game.
I remember it as him throwing a high fastball on a quick hitch. Could have been caught but it was a tough one. I’m sure it’s on YouTube somewhere.

Hey Tee was the man when it came to dropping it in the bucket, just ask a man named Peerless.
Those long bombs down the sidelines where Peerless outran the defender; yes. But pinpoint? No. Check the Ark Game. Tee was a great athlete playing QB, with appx a 55% career completion rate. His greatest asset was his wheels. He did win some games with his legs. (Actual percentage was 55.44 per google)

Last edited:
Hard to acknowledge it myself. A blow out 31 -0 at halftime lead to me its like hitting a golf ball over a fence instead of a baseball lol.
Vols were up 42-0 at end of 3rd quarter of Tee’s record setting performance. On the road. USCjr was 1-7 and 0-6 in conference at the time. It was Halloween.

VN Store

Back