Contest: Dumbest Comment from Biden or Trump from June 1 - Election Day

volbound1700

Let's have some fun.

The contest is for people to post on here the dumbest comments from either Biden or Trump between now and Election Day. I will compile a top 5-10 picks and post them in a Poll in November for the board to vote on.

For the criteria, let's focus more on the general stupidity and ridiculousness of the comment and not necessarily the political context.

Great examples:

Strategery - SNL
Lockbox - SNL
Corn Pop - Biden
Large Hands - Trump comment referencing Rubio's small hands

Nothing before June 1st, 2024 will be counted. I am confident that both will give us plenty of ammo between now and November.

it would be great if we could get examples and with hold the source, until the poll is released.

make it a blind poll. 100% believe people chose what is dumber based on who said it.

it would be great if we could get examples and with hold the source, until the poll is released.

make it a blind poll. 100% believe people chose what is dumber based on who said it.

That's probably true and inevitable. Problem is, everyone is going to know who said which idiotic thing because it will be heavily publicized when they do.

Reactions: NashVol11

I am fine with that.

Regarding #2, if we are overthinking this contest, it won't work. To track, I may keep editing the first post to include all of the submittals (may just refer to post # in the thread). I can see this getting overwhelmed with chatter.

Where you have SNL does that mean it wasn't said but was in a SNL skit?

So I am not confident that W Bush ever said Strategery and Al Gore said Lockbox but both are clearly accredited to each based on that great SNL skit. Since I wasn't confident, I cited SNL instead of the candidates.

Reactions: volfanhill
That's probably true and inevitable. Problem is, everyone is going to know who said which idiotic thing because it will be heavily publicized when they do.
Depends on how long ago they said it and was it publicized.

You can watch any number of videos of people at various protests/rallies talking to people there about something their candidate allegedly said, having them agree with it and then point out it was actually the other candidate.

we are reaching whacky season, there is going to be a LOT of crap out there.

So I am not confident that W Bush ever said Strategery and Al Gore said Lockbox but both are clearly accredited to each based on that great SNL skit. Since I wasn't confident, I cited SNL instead of the candidates.
"you can see Russia from my backyard."

So I am not confident that W Bush ever said and Al Gore said Lockbox but both are clearly accredited to each based on that great SNL skit. Since I wasn't confident, I cited SNL instead of the candidates.
W. once said "Hope is a place where wings take dreams" but he never said strategery. Credit to Will Ferrell, it did sound like something he would say

I agree. I don't think W ever said "strategery", but he said a whole lot of outlandish, crazy crap.

VN Store

Back