Cory Anderson

OWB

Never
Staff member
I just read some quotes from UT's strength and conditioning coach, Johnny Long and he said...

"When Cory came to us, he couldn't bench press 200 pounds. Now, he's at 420 pounds," Long said. "He never could squat 300 pounds, now he's squatting 600." :blink:

Big Cory is getting stronger. Look out! :gun:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@May 30, 2005 8:30 PM
I just read some quotes from UT's strength and conditioning coach, Johnny Long and he said...

"When Cory came to us, he couldn't bench press 200 pounds. Now, he's at 420 pounds," Long said. "He never could squat 300 pounds, now he's squatting 600."  :blink:

Big Cory is getting stronger.  Look out!  :gun:
[snapback]99503[/snapback]​

DANG!!! Could he be another Greg Amsler only with a lot more injury timeouts (for the opposing teams)?

It's actually hard for me to imagine that he was that weak when he got here.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 30, 2005 9:41 PM
It's actually  hard for me to imagine that he was that weak when he got here.
[snapback]99511[/snapback]​

I know what you mean, he did get knocked around some last year....but not much. He will be a monster next year and Holbert will be a different, yet good backup for him that can bring other things to the offense.

I'm just glad that we've finally gotten back to using big bruisers at fullback.

IMO, they should go to him more often...He's a beast and has tons of quickness for his size....Good hands as well....I can't wait for this year..I'm pumped up

I think we should let him run the ball some. I know they like to pass it to him from time to time but I would love to see him burst on the middle on a FB draw or something like that.

He got the ball a bunch last year considering it was the first year that he has played fullback. You know he is going to get more touches this season.

Those are good points . . . I think it would do the running game a world of good if we showed 2-3 fullback dives early in every game just to put it in the defense's mind.

Except maybe they can rename them the fullback bulldoze or something.... :rocks:

Think we'll see him alot this yr in goal line situations. He'll be that big punch, We typicaly saw Davis take it in for the TD.

When he gets rolling. Not many want to lay the hit on him.
DB's alone in the open arent gonna do it :nono:

Speaking of strength, teams will have to double team Toeaina all season. That should be hard on most D lines :thumbsup:

Originally posted by GAVol@May 30, 2005 9:34 PM
Those are good points . . . I think it would do the running game a world of good if we showed 2-3 fullback dives early in every game just to put it in the defense's mind.
[snapback]99551[/snapback]​

HEhehe to go along with the 20-30 tailback dives? Sorry, couldn't resist :naughty:

id say he's of most use kicking out de's on trap plays, course on a fb screen pass....after he gets a head of steam....db's would live hard

VN Store

Back