Could this guy move to offensive tackle?

Vfl2407

Was listening to Coach Doug Mathews show and he said that Moi actually did come in on offense in short yardage situations vs Florida.
Could he be used more on offense than just that in the future?

Reactions: bpalmer28
Was listening to Coach Doug Mathews show and he said that Moi actually did come in on offense in short yardage situations vs Florida.

Could not move during the season impossible to learn. Maybe next year but would be his last year.

Lance Heard needs to be moved to Guard, Larry Johnson needs to play tackle. But i dont think our OL coach is good enough to get him ready.

IMHO, it’s half the coaching and half the players. Texas A&M’s OL was atrocious last year. They got a new OL coach (Cushing) who followed Elko from Duke. They’re on their 3rd string center now and have had numerous injuries this year, but not missing a beat. OL still playing well.

That’s what good coaching will do.

Moi is 6 foot 2 inches—very tall in the grand scheme of humanity, perfect for a defensive tackle, woefully undersized for an offensive tackle.

As Brave mentioned, he will also likely be a starter or very close on defense next year. In other words, OP…

View attachment 687278
He kinda reminds me of Jimmy Noonan. Short, squatty fireplug that was so quick and powerful. Gave bigger linemen fits.

Reactions: #1n51&98
Lance Heard needs to be moved to Guard, Larry Johnson needs to play tackle. But i dont think our OL coach is good enough to get him ready.

Yeah, I'm pretty nervous about next year.

On the DL we lose all 4 starters and 2 more in the 2-deep.

On the OL we lose 4/5 starters and 2 more in the 2-deep. We actually have quite a bit of depth at OL especially in the underclassmen ranks with 5* Sanders, 4* Moore (though at 6'2" may be converted to DL?) and Ogumoru coming in next year.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

Good grief can we stop with this? He comes in as a fullback to do a straight line block. The idea Moi would be a legitimate option as an OT is absurd.

I realize this is a message board, and we are free to speak our mind. However, IMO, our defense is better than we expected, and our offense is not as good as we thought. The O was much better in the 2nd half, and had 2 big runs for 1st down get brought back by penalty. The SEC is the best conference for a reason, the best teams, and the lesser ones usually are flush with talent. I'm not giving up hope and wanting positions changed. This is the era of survive, win and move on.....

I would be more in favor of our O Line coach developing the players that we already have at those positions. If he can't do that, then a move should be made on the staff, not the position of the player.
Here is the deal. A lot of times, a coach recruits a big body at tackle that doesn't work out. At that point they are moved to tackle. There very well may be a reason that Lance Heard wasn't starting at tackle at LSU. I don't think any amount of coaching is going to give him quicker feat and get him to stop grabbing the top of the shoulder pads of the defender. I pretty much guarantee that is not the technique they are being taught. An underperforming player is not always the result of a bad coach. He has underperformed for the NIL money he has been paid. Where are all the ones that want a short leash for Nico due to his NIL deal? With or without NIL, this performance has been subpar. I hope the light comes on, but I won't hold my breath. I, like others, feel he would be a road grader at guard.

VN Store

Back