Crompton and Spurrier

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I have heard some talk today that people feel like Spurrier may go after and have a chance to land Crompton. While I realize it's all speculation at this point, it is something to think about. I think Crompton wants to wear orange but some top QB may have a chance to sign with SC and get PT right away.

Crompton to SC, not in this lifetime, this is a guy that could very well be UT's starting QB next year.

Here is SC's Scholarship QB's for next year:
18 Antonio Heffner QB Fr. SQ 6-2/180 Memphis, TN (Melrose)
12 Blake Mitchell QB Fr. SQ 6-4/200 LaGrange, GA (LaGrange)
13 Syvelle Newton QB So. SQ 6-1/211 Bennettsville, SC (Marlboro County)
16 Brett Nichols QB So. SQ 6-2/221 Simpsonville, SC (Hillcrest)

I forgot about Heffner. I remember we tried to recruit him.

If both Ainge and Schaeffer stay, Crumpton will choose someone else.

However, the ideal situation for Vol fans would be:

05: Soph Schaeffer starts, Frmn Crumpton back up, Ainge on Mormon mission
06: Jr Schaeffer starts- goes NFL at season end, Soph Crumpton back up, Ainge reshirted
07: Jr Crumpton and Soph Ainge co-starters, Crumpton goes NFL at season end
08: Jr Ainge starts
09: Sr Ainge starts

I think that's the only way that we'll keep all 3 of them. I think it's very possible to have Schaeffer start the next 2 years while Ainge does his Mormon mission and then redshirts.

Either was, Crumpton appears to be the odd man out.

If you can't even spell the kid's name, how can you know what he's thinking? I spoke with his parents and sister after the bammer game. He is all VOL. He know's there'll be competition, is willing to redshirt. His mom called in on Bill Meade's radio show yesterday, after Meade had speculated that Crompton would go somewhere else and set Meade straight. Jon thinks of Fulmer and Sanders as his adoptive parents. No need to continue to speculate on this kid. This is a family that believes their word is their bond (yep there are a few left in this world).

Attachments

• offense_5462_lg.jpg
    offense_5462_lg.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 0
Easy Bham, I HOPE he signs with us. It APPEARS that he will. BUT things can change.

I only get to listen to the last 30 minutes of Bill Meade's Sportsline, so I didn't hear that. Sounds like I'm thinking like Bill was.

JohnsonCityVol:
You obviously don't have a clue.

Here is some facts you need to understand
1) I've forgotten more UT history and recruiting than you'll ever know
2) For your uninformed mind realize this Ainge has NO Mormon mission not now not next year and not the next or the next UNDERSTAND!
3) Spurrier has as much chance getting CROMPTON (learn to spell it) as your high school team does of winning the state football championship.
4) Meade is an idiot and if you believe anything he says about UT I feel sorry for you.
5) Mark it down Jonathan Crompton will sign in February with UT.
6) next fall all 3 QB's will fight it out to be the starter
7) The only QB on the roster that might think about transferring is Schaeffer.
8) CROMPTON committed to UT last year before Christmas and he hasn't waivered since then.
9) UNDERSTAND CROMPTON IS A VOL --- ALL VOL
10) Did I mention Meade is a MORON!

TNVOLS1:

JohnsonCityVol:
You obviously don't have a clue.

Gee, way to make a new guy feel welcome.

Here is some facts you need to understand
1) I've forgotten more UT history and recruiting than you'll ever know

I'm familiar enough with UT football in my lifetime, as I'm sure you are. This isn't some kind of pissing contest.

2) For your uninformed mind realize this Ainge has NO Mormon mission not now not next year and not the next or the next UNDERSTAND!

I didn't know he was not a practicing Mormon. I thought that all Mormons had to go on mission for 1 year. I guess like Catholicism, the rules don't apply if you're not practicing the faith. My apologies.

3) Spurrier has as much chance getting CROMPTON (learn to spell it) as your high school team does of winning the state football championship.

I said I HOPE he signs with us!!!! I wouldn't blame him if he looked elsewhere, but I don't know how much simpler to make this for you, I HOPE HE SIGNS WITH TENNESSEE. I didn't realize that there was such high premium on spelling but close enough. You knew who I was talking about.

How did you know I went to David Crockett ?????
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I could care less if they ever win another football game. In fact, I hope they never do. The screw ups that run everything politically there don't deserve a winner.

4) Meade is an idiot and if you believe anything he says about UT I feel sorry for you.

Your opinion. Doesn't make it right or wrong. I agree with him about 50% of the time.

5) Mark it down Jonathan Crompton will sign in February with UT.

That's my point. Nothing is official until the papers are signed, but even then there are ways out. still, I HOPE HE SIGNS WITH TENNESSEE.

6) next fall all 3 QB's will fight it out to be the starter

Damn, I was hoping that Jim Bob Cooter would get the starting nod. :lol: :D

7) The only QB on the roster that might think about transferring is Schaeffer.

Well since I just got flamed for claiming to know what CrOmpton was thinking, I'm not touching this.

8) CROMPTON committed to UT last year before Christmas and he hasn't waivered since then.

Good. I HOPE HE SIGNS WITH TENNESSEE.

9) UNDERSTAND CROMPTON IS A VOL --- ALL VOL

Good. I HOPE HE SIGNS WITH TENNESSEE.

10) Did I mention Meade is a MORON!

Yes. And 50% of the time I think he is too.

Did you get the fact there would be no Mormon Mission for Ainge, never had one planned.

I think I clearly stated that if he's not a practicing Mormon, then Mission wouldn't apply, right? I thought he was, and it turns out he's not. Good for Tennessee, since we won't lose him for a year.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Nov 21, 2004 12:25 PM
I think I clearly stated that if he's not a practicing Mormon, then Mission wouldn't apply, right? I thought he was, and it turns out he's not. Good for Tennessee, since we won't lose him for a year.

Obvioulsy we all think and hope that Crompton will be a Vol. While I am convinced he is coming here nothing is absolute until we have his sig on the dotted line. I should have known I would get everyone stirred up by starting such a topic.

:beer: :beer:

Yeah next time you get to sit in LIO's corner with the pointy hat on.

LOL

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Nov 21, 2004 1:50 PM
Yeah next time you get to sit in LIO's corner with the pointy hat on.

LOL

She'll make me write on the chalk board 1000 times: "I will not start silly topics".

From what i have heard we wil not go after crompton but we will go after olsen beck and sexston.

Attachments

• steve_Tanneyhill_S_Carolina.jpg
    steve_Tanneyhill_S_Carolina.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 8
It is very unlikely we will have Ainge Schafer and Crompton next year at this time. We will definetly have 2 of the 3 but lets face it we are not lucky enough to have 3 stud qb's

Having three would be impossible to pull off anyways. Two is definitley doable, and you can build a gameplan around it, but three can't be done.

VN Store

Back