Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I kinda lowkey hate you for this picture.....
It's all Jelli though, I haven't had any alchohol since last August. (not because I am quitting drinking, just cause I am comitted to this diet for a year) That right there is a dream team. I DEEEPLY love Ardbeg....and all the peaty Isle Scotches.....Talisker has been my go to for years but Ardbeg dethroned it. I love a scotch that tastes like the sea, and camp fires. I did a review on the Ardbeg awhile back on another site.....i love it love it. Laphroaig is top tier as well.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Muh 2021 review....for the Ardbeg Uigeadail variety.

My wife knows me so well. I had a wonderful birthday, and was treated to a great meal with family, and finished with a wonderful Smokey peat head celebration. This is to Smokey Peaty Isle Scotch, what Burnt Hickory Brewery's "Killdozer" was to Barleywine beer. Not for the feint of tastebuds, this is an advanced phenol soaked beat down on the front back middle and sides of your tongue, for guys who consider creosote, and cordite smells to be romantic, and wish the campfire would never wash out of their favorite shirt. With a splash of water or a melting cube this feisty 54.3 NAS mellows into something that cuddles your tongue like a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. One of the stronger Phenol front bites I have had but really leaves a sweet brown sugar and campfire after taste, so much going on here. Easily a 90/100 for me. I never splurge on myself for the good stuff much anymore, but that the wifey knew to by pass the Johnnie Walker Shite and get me something from the Sea, is reason #1,567,987 that I have the best wifey.

143133425_10223161868132534_1510243395092692212_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's all Jelli though, I haven't had any alchohol since last August. (not because I am quitting drinking, just cause I am comitted to this diet for a year) That right there is a dream team. I DEEEPLY love Ardbeg....and all the peaty Isle Scotches.....Talisker has been my go to for years but Ardbeg dethroned it. I love a scotch that tastes like the sea, and camp fires. I did a review on the Ardbeg awhile back on another site.....i love it love it. Laphroaig is top tier as well.
I drink a lot of Laphroaig 10, but first time having this bottling. Same with the Ardbeg, know the 10, but haven’t had this one.

Talisker 10 is my favorite scotch not named Lagavulin 16.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury
And they have them divided up by region, just a portion in the photo obviously.

IMG_6302.jpeg

I drink a lot of Laphroaig 10, but first time having this bottling. Same with the Ardbeg, know the 10, but haven’t had this one.

Talisker 10 is my favorite scotch not named Lagavulin 16.
I love Talisker 10... also was given that for my birthday a few times from Mrs Fury... But I think the Uigeadail surpassed it for me.

Also Talisker 10 has a ppm of 10 on phenols..and Uigeadail has a ppm of 55-65.....not for the phenol feint. Both are 10 plus years....the Uigeadail is also aged in sherry casks.

Not saying one is better always, their just different.

Upper East Side of NYC.
Figures...(sigh) I need this here....but in my basement.

When it comes to my love of phenols and natural creosote...heaven help me I love to freebase the smell of fresh railroad ties... I loved all things locamotive and train yard as a kid.... maybe that is why. I loved climbing on old trains growing up.

VN Store

Back