Curious Question

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I happened to be jawing about how some Vols fans acting like Bama and Gator jerks on some non-SEC opponents' boards. In assuring them that the majority of Vols fans are as exceptionally civilized as you can get, I got a reminder of something I had long forgotten. It made me curious.

Some of you old timers may recall what I think was a game with LSU where the UT kicker missed either a FG or PAT. On coming back to the sideline, teammates angrily threw mouthpieces, drinking cups, and other items at him. Many that found the target. Who was that kicker?

I'm not interested in debating the behavior of the players or denigrating the team. All I want to do is satisfy a personal curiosity as to who that kicker was.
So please just answer that question alone to keep things simple.

I think it was at Auburn in the mid to late 90's and it was only one cup not a bunch of teammates raining down stuff on him.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it was at Auburn in the mid to late 90's and it was only one cup not a bunch of teammates raining down stuff on him.

OK, perhaps your memory is better than mine. Who was the kicker?

Greg Burke maybe.

And it was just one o lineman that threw a cup.

Thank you for a reasonable answer.

Some guy on a Wildcat board PM'ed he has a link to the actual video but doesn't know the player's name. Maybe the number is visible providing the guy follows through on what he claims.

I happened to be jawing about how some Vols fans acting like Bama and Gator jerks on some non-SEC opponents' boards. In assuring them that the majority of Vols fans are as exceptionally civilized as you can get, I got a reminder of something I had long forgotten. It made me curious.

Some of you old timers may recall what I think was a game with LSU where the UT kicker missed either a FG or PAT. On coming back to the sideline, teammates angrily threw mouthpieces, drinking cups, and other items at him. Many that found the target. Who was that kicker?

I'm not interested in debating the behavior of the players or denigrating the team. All I want to do is satisfy a personal curiosity as to who that kicker was.
So please just answer that question alone to keep things simple.
I think it was 1990 vs Auburn....And the kicker was Greg Burke?

1990 Auburn 26 Tennessee 26 - YouTube
look around the 1:35 mark. Was this it?

Va-Vol, first thank you for the video. I enjoyed washing the game. I'm not sure this is what I remember. It seems that first of all the game was against LSU. And the kicker had multiple objects thrown at him. i think I saw a cup or something bounce off Burke's helmet in the video you posted. But it just isn't what I recall seeing. I remember it being shown 2-3 times during that part of the game. You could see the anger of the teammates and identify the objects as mouthpieces and cups, plus a shove if I recall right.

Va-Vol, first thank you for the video. I enjoyed washing the game. I'm not sure this is what I remember. It seems that first of all the game was against LSU. And the kicker had multiple objects thrown at him. i think I saw a cup or something bounce off Burke's helmet in the video you posted. But it just isn't what I recall seeing. I remember it being shown 2-3 times during that part of the game. You could see the anger of the teammates and identify the objects as mouthpieces and cups, plus a shove if I recall right.

How long did that take you? Did you use dish soap?

Haha. I was thinking based off the title "curious" that maybe he had arrive here accidentally. This is vol nation. Not bama nation.

VN Store

Back