Custom Craig Faulkner diorama

LEATHERHEAD VOL

Hey- I just wanted to post a few pictures that I took of my Craig Faulkner diorama. The 2 Mcfarlane figures are customs done by VN member Dustin. I emailed Dustin about what I wanted and how I would like the 2 figures to look. He was very easy to work with and kept me updated on the progress of the 2 customs. The pictures I took don't do the customs justice. The detail work he put into them is unbelievable. He has good prices and I am already planning to work with him again. I really cant say enough good things about him or his work. I built the endzone and placed the diorama into a display case for autographed footballs. The last picture is how the 2 figures looked before Dustin worked on then. :rock:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reactions: 4 people
Looks great, good job to both of you. Trivia question? There is something wrong with the diorama, Can you tell what it is? Hint: endzone.

Good guess. The endzone is the grass endzone, Faulker played when we had turf, solid checkerboard endzone. Not trying to be disrespectful.

Looks great, good job to both of you. Trivia question? There is something wrong with the diorama, Can you tell what it is? Hint: endzone.

#1. When Faulkner was playing the field was turf.
#2. When the field was turf the whole endzone was painted orange with white squares. No green.
That's all I can think of. Thanks .GBO

#1. When Faulkner was playing the field was turf.
#2. When the field was turf the whole endzone was painted orange with white squares. No green.
That's all I can think of. Thanks .GBO

3. I can't remember a time where UT ever had pants with both the two stripes and the Power T. It was always either one or the other. Also, I don't think the American flag made it's debut on the helmets until after 9/11.

4. When Faulkner played, UT had no affiliation with Adidas, and the style of facemask wasn't even invented yet.

Just details though, the figures look really good.

Last edited:
I have ordered 3 different figures from him before. He goes by SyxxSense on VN. He does great work. I've gotten a Robert Meachem, an Eric Berry, and a Peyton Manning done by him before. They're all great looking.

Thank you for showing off my work and the kind words!

And to address the authenticity issues, I'm aware of them all, but the way the figures are painted and decaled are exactly how OP requested them to be. He asked me to do both figures in the 2012 uniforms of each respected teams, even though both players obviously played well before last year. He also wanted details from the uniform of the era in which Faulkner played on the figure in addition to it having the 2012 look. Believe me, I make every effort to make each figure I do authentic in every way I know how to be to the era they played and make the uniform style true, but when a customer has special requests for extra items I'm going to do what I can to fulfill those requests.

Reactions: 3 people

And to address the authenticity issues, I'm aware of them all, but the way the figures are painted and decaled are exactly how OP requested them to be. He asked me to do both figures in the 2012 uniforms of each respected teams, even though both players obviously played well before last year. He also wanted details from the uniform of the era in which Faulkner played on the figure in addition to it having the 2012 look. Believe me, I make every effort to make each figure I do authentic in every way I know how to be to the era they played and make the uniform style true, but when a customer has special requests for extra items I'm going to do what I can to fulfill those requests.

Hey Dusty, figures look great. I submitted a quote request to you via your website the other day regarding a custom Manning figure. Hopefully it can be done.

How I have I been on here so long and did not realize one of our members creates something so outstanding!

What is the website - I have to get one!

Very impressed with your work, man. Would you have been able to remove the gloves, if that had been part of the request? I would imagine that would be hard to do. Just wondering how much modification is possible.

Again, it looks great.

Very impressed with your work, man. Would you have been able to remove the gloves, if that had been part of the request? I would imagine that would be hard to do. Just wondering how much modification is possible.

Again, it looks great.

It would be very difficult to remove the gloves and make it look like bare hands. I wouldn't want to try to do that because I would never be able to make it look right.

SS I thought this was you, just riding you outside of the Nascar forum

No worries. You are right though. The area above the sock was exposed leg, but since the area on the Welker figure was blue and I didn't paint the skin tone on the figure I had no choice but to paint it orange as well.

VN Store

Back