CWS bracket question

Kinger

Do the 1-8 and 4-5 slots always plays on day one in Omaha? They have the past 2 years and the game times switched each year.

Do the 1-8 and 4-5 slots always plays on day one in Omaha? They have the past 2 years and the game times switched each year.

Don't know the answer, but that seems somewhat logical. From being there in 2021, it is extremely well organized.

However, this time...unfortunately, I doubt we can get thru Hattsieburg. Tough tough environment and we have struggled in those situations.

They have a dominant pitcher, and the long-time coach is retiring post-season.

The NCAA said we have the 10th best team in our own conference.

In Hoover, we faced a left-hander throwing mid-80's and got one hit.

The Vols are heavy underdogs.

Brings a sad song to mind...

Well, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison,
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck,
She got run over by a damned old train.

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain, Lord
But you don't have to call me darlin', darlin'
You never even called me
By my name.

Don't know the answer, but that seems somewhat logical. From being there in 2021, it is extremely well organized.

However, this time...unfortunately, I doubt we can get thru Hattsieburg. Tough tough environment and we have struggled in those situations.

You never even called me
By my name.
The Vols are actually the favorites.

You never even called me
By my name.
We may not win, but we are far from heavy underdogs. Vegas has us at -145, meaning we're the favorite. USM does have a dominant pitcher, but if you took all the pitchers from both teams and ranked them, probably 7 of the top 8 would be Vols. There is going to be enormous pressure on Tanner Hall, because if USM doesn't win that game, they have almost no chance of winning the series.

We may not win, but we are far from heavy underdogs. Vegas has us at -145, meaning we're the favorite. USM does have a dominant pitcher, but if you took all the pitchers from both teams and ranked them, probably 7 of the top 8 would be Vols. There is going to be enormous pressure on Tanner Hall, because if USM doesn't win that game, they have almost no chance of winning the series.
If they don’t win game 1, they’re in big trouble.

That is comforting, but then again USM lost game 1 of their regional to Samford with Hall pitching, but then turned around and won the next 4 games. Obviously, they weren’t playing the baseVols, but just saying.

That is comforting, but then again USM lost game 1 of their regional to Samford with Hall pitching, but then turned around and won the next 4 games. Obviously, they weren’t playing the baseVols, but just saying.
True - anything can happen. But 3 of those wins were against Samford and Penn. I had forgotten they lost the 1st game though.

USM top two pitcher are going to pitch backward, Lots of offseed early in the count (Slider, Curve, Changeup) none of them are overpowering. USM has one good LHP out of the Pen (Justin Storm) he can be dominant at times (low to mis 90s with a really good slider), the other LHP are average at best which helps Tennessee being such a Left Handed Lineup. All three starters (Hall, Oldham, Adams) are Right Handed.

The Vols are actually the favorites.

That is crazy talk and the wrong attitude.

The Vols are Underdog!!

underdog.jpg

Tanner Hall is Captain America

R66DU6HMKFGV7MTJ42FHHDDFLA.png

The Vols are Russia.............show some respect.

VN Store

Back