Daily Random thought - playing Akron

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Glancing at our upcoming schedule, I am glad to see we will not be playing Akron. I hope Danny will never schedule that douche school again. Why reward them with big money to play dirty ball? I seriously hope we never, ever let them set foot on Neyland again. Looking at their 2023 schedule, I was pleased to see they played some close games and lost them. I like to imagine them being heart shattered at being so close but coming up short each time. Couldn't happen to a better bunch. I wonder if they are named after a rather unpalatable nut?
1708351922045.png

Glancing at our upcoming schedule, I am glad to see we will not be playing Akron. I hope Danny will never schedule that douche school again. Why reward them with big money to play dirty ball? I seriously hope we never, ever let them set foot on Neyland again. Looking at their 2023 schedule, I was pleased to see they played some close games and lost them. I like to imagine them being heart shattered at being so close but coming up short each time. Couldn't happen to a better bunch. I wonder if they are named after a rather unpalatable nut?
View attachment 621088
Don't shoot!

Established in 1891, the school was known as Buchtel College; it became the University of Akron in 1913. In 1926, the athletic teams were named the Zippers, after rubber boots manufactured by the B.F. Goodrich Company, which was headquartered in Akron at the time. The name was shortened to "Zips" in 1950.

View attachment 621399

George Costansa once went to Akron to deliver some shrimp and cut somebody down with a joke at a business meeting.

I mean their style of play and their coach endorsing that style pissed me off to the point where I hope we never put another dime in their AD fund. That said Akron is so irrelevant I haven’t really thought much about them nor that game since it was played.

Rather keep the money mostly for instate and closer regional programs that need it. The schedule is hard enough now that you don’t need any extra issues with teams trying to injure your players.

VN Store

Back