Dallas - Tennessees Team?

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
First Jason Whitten, now Kevin Burnett.....Parcells must see something he likes.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Originally posted by volmanbill@Apr 24, 2005 10:11 PM
First Jason Whitten, now Kevin Burnett.....Parcells must see something he likes.

And Dwayne Goodrich a few years before that.

I believe our old Defensive Coordinator Larry Lacewell is still an important part of the Cowpokes' Scouting Department. That may have something to do with it.
:twocents:

Witten and Burnett have a long way to go before they match Bill Bates - the patron saint of Vol/Cowboys.

What NFL team has the highest concentration of CONTRIBUTING former Vols?

Originally posted by volmanbill@Apr 24, 2005 10:17 PM
What NFL team has the highest concentration of CONTRIBUTING former Vols?

Answer: The Buffalo Bills.

This is an excerpt from......

http://utsports.collegesports.com/sports/m.../100604aah.html

VOLS' 38 FORMER PLAYERS IN NFL TOPS IMPRESSIVE SEC LIST
The Southeastern Conference had 260 of its former players on 2004 opening day playing rosters in the National Football League to lead all college football conferences.

Tennessee led all SEC schools with 38 former players on those rosters, followed by Florida and Georgia with 36 each, LSU with 31, Auburn with 22 and Alabama with 20. Ole Miss and South Carolina each had 17 former players in the NFL, with Mississippi State next at 16, Arkansas 13, Vanderbilt 10 and Kentucky four.

The UT roster of former players now in the NFL was: Rashad Baker, Jabari Greer, Travis Henry, Constantin Ritzmann and Trey Teague of the Bills; Julian Battle of the Chiefs; Shawn Bryson of the Lions; Chad Clifton and David Martin of the Packers; Cosey Coleman and Charlie Garner of the Buccaneers; Shaun Ellis of the Jets; Troy Fleming and Albert Haynesworth of the Titans; Aubrayo Franklin and Jamal Lewis of the Ravens; Deon Grant and John Henderson of the Jaguars; Mark Jones and Gibril Wilson of the Giants; Leonard Little of the Rams; Andre Lott and Dominique Stevenson of the Redskins; Peyton Manning and Keyon Whiteside of the Colts; Eddie Moore of the Dolphins; Rashad Moore of the Seahawks; Eric Parker of the Chargers; Peerless Price of the Falcons; Donte' Stallworth of the Saints; Raynoch Thompson of the Cardinals; Darwin Walker of the Eagles; Kelley Washington of the Bengals; Fred Weary of the Texans; Eric Westmoreland of the Browns; Al Wilson of the Broncos; Cedrick Wilson of the 49ers; and Jason Witten of the Cowboys

The Big Ten was second among conference leaders with 215 former players in the NFL, followed by the ACC at 212, the Pac-10 with 196, Big 12 with 80 and Big East with 78.

Originally posted by GAVol@Apr 24, 2005 10:15 PM
Witten and Burnett have a long way to go before they match Bill Bates - the patron saint of Vol/Cowboys.

Witten has already matched Bates in ProBowl appearances. I just hope he stays there and becomes known as THE Dallas TE like Bates was THE Dallas Safety.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol+Apr 24, 2005 11:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JohnsonCityVol @ Apr 24, 2005 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Apr 24, 2005 10:15 PM

Witten has already matched Bates in ProBowl appearances. I just hope he stays there and becomes known as THE Dallas TE like Bates was THE Dallas Safety. [/quote]
Im also a 25+ years Cowboys fan&#33; I was TOOOOOO&#39; happy for Kevin, not only because of the NFL fan i am but for himself. I think he&#39;ll have every chance to start and make an impact in the pro&#39;s. Coach Tuna knows Defense and made some great picks early. Bill Bates&#39;&#39; was an head-hunter his entire career. I grew up not too far from witten so it&#39;s always great to see a local become a beloved Vol 1st and go on to the next level.

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Apr 25, 2005 12:27 AM
Bill Bates&#39;&#39; was an head-hunter his entire career.

Yes, but I prefer the term "Vicious Hitter", because nearly all of Bates&#39;s hits were completely legal. Never heard any talk about him being out to hurt guys or any of that crap. He just targeted you, wiped you out, then got up and walked back to the huddle. Just an awesome, no-nonsense player.

I always got a laugh out of watching him return punts. He&#39;s catch the bal and instead of sidestepping and dancing around, he&#39;d look for the first tackler near him and try to run over him. It was funny to watch those &#39;gunners&#39; sprint down the field only to have Bates there ready to deal out a big hit while returning the kick.

Man I miss that. I need to get some Cowboys games on DVD with him in it. Or somebody needs to do a "Bill Bates Greatest Hits" DVD. I&#39;d buy one.

I also live near where Witten grew up, and have been a Cowboys fan for 25+ years. You sure we aren&#39;t the same person?? (lol)

cool pic of Burnett I found

Burnett_MC_200.jpg

That is a cool pic, but it pains me to see him wearing that blue and gray.. :unsure:

Attachments

• Skins.gif
    Skins.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
Here is another cool pic of Kev.... Cowboys.... :bad:

Attachments

• 220514.jpg
    220514.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@May 10, 2005 11:32 PM
Here is another cool pic of Kev.... Cowboys.... :bad:

I think Parcells is telling Burnett "Listen to me kid. I&#39;ve managed to live the past 10 years on a reputation I built in the 1980s."

Originally posted by GAVol+May 10, 2005 11:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ May 10, 2005 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orangewhiteblood@May 10, 2005 11:32 PM
Here is another cool pic of Kev....  Cowboys.... :bad:

I think Parcells is telling Burnett "Listen to me kid. I&#39;ve managed to live the past 10 years on a reputation I built in the 1980s." [/quote]
:dlol: You know he is..

Originally posted by milohimself@May 10, 2005 11:48 PM
How do you think any other teams would do with a dinosaur for a QB?

I don&#39;t know, but anything is better than Patrick Ramsey. :banghead:

I&#39;d say Testaverde&#39;s probably on the same level. At least we had Julius Jones to take some of the heat off.

VN Store

Back