David Sanders at NC State game

Savannahbayvol

from Basilio

ony,

I am a long time listener that has never called or written, but I wanted to share one story from the NC State game on Saturday. We were sitting about 10 feet from David Sanders, Jr. and his family. As you can imagine, it is difficult for a human being that massive to go unnoticed, and he was the center of attention for all of the Vol fans in our section. He was incredibly gracious to everyone that approached him and had a smile, handshake and photo op for everybody. It was truly impressive to see.

I can’t imagine what it is like to have the amount of constant attention he must get, and I’m not dumb enough to think I can know his character based on watching him for 15 minutes. But I know that he acted exactly the way that I would want my kids to act if they were ever put in that situation. I can’t wait to cheer for him for three years in Knoxville and hope he makes a billion dollars in the league as an all-pro blindside tackle.

Andy in NC'

It makes me so happy to have a staff that lands high character kids. I'm sure they don't like having to get calls in the middle of the night about a player being arrested anymore than I like reading about it the next day. Also keeps down the problems in the locker room and on the field.
UGA seems to be an example of the exact opposite. While I'm sure UGA has plenty of great kids on their team, it only takes one or two bad apples in a high speed chase to ruin the image for the entire team. They seem to have multiple rotten apples.

Last edited:
It makes me so happy to have a staff that lands high character kids. I'm sure they don't like having to get calls in the middle of the night about a player being arrested anymore than I like reading about it the next day. Also keeps down the problems in the locker room and on the field. UGA seems to be an example of the exact opposite. While I'm sure UGA has plenty of great kids on their team, it only takes one or two bad apples in a high speed chase to ruin the image for the entire team. They seem to have multiple rotten apples.
UGA is quite literally the worst...

Miami in the 80's
Nebraska in the 90's

georgia is the new standard of bottom feeders

Speeding and reckless driving violations are part of the on-boarding process. Then you can proceed to executing your post-game interviews on national tv hungover and stoned out of your skull. If you're really good, you can get wasted and cause a domestic disturbance or two, maybe even get drunk before speeding in that exotic car.

Don't worry, you will probaby be picked in the first round of the draft where you can disappoint at all levels of the league including the practice squad. After you go on a few bingers and are eventually released, there are plenty of dawg-themed rehab rooms you can find comfort in as you waste your talent away.

I'm not sure what you will do next with your life since, like your other uga student-atheletes, you most likely didn't graduate (uga's graduation rate is an abysmal 41%)

Last edited:
It makes me so happy to have a staff that lands high character kids. I'm sure they don't like having to get calls in the middle of the night about a player being arrested anymore than I like reading about it the next day. Also keeps down the problems in the locker room and on the field. UGA seems to be an example of the exact opposite. While I'm sure UGA has plenty of great kids on their team, it only takes one or two bad apples in a high speed chase to ruin the image for the entire team. They seem to have multiple rotten apples.
THUGa

Hope we learned our lesson under the Fulmer and Kiffin years. There was a reason people were referring to UT as ThugU back then and they had the receipts.

I'm not sure what you will do next with your life since, like your other uga student-atheletes, you most likely didn't graduate (uga's graduation rate is an abysmal 28%)
According to Home | College Scorecard * UGa's graduation rate is 87%. By comparison, Tennessee's is 70%.

Can you source that 28% figure?

* a US Dept. of Education site

Miami in the 80's
Nebraska in the 90's

Speeding and reckless driving violations are part of the on-boarding process. Then you can proceed to executing your post-game interviews on national tv hungover and stoned out of your skull. If you're really good, you can get wasted and cause a domestic disturbance or two, maybe even get drunk before speeding in that exotic car.

Don't worry, you will probaby be picked in the first round of the draft where you can disappoint at all levels of the league including the practice squad. After you go on a few bingers and are eventually released, there are plenty of dawg-themed rehab rooms you can find comfort in as you waste your talent away.

I'm not sure what you will do next with your life since, like your other uga student-atheletes, you most likely didn't graduate (uga's graduation rate is an abysmal 28%)

Ironically, Tennessee never won the Fulmer Cup after it was initiated.

Reactions: VAVol85

Miami in the 80's
Nebraska in the 90's

No way Georgia is as bad as Miami. Also Urban Meyer and Florida are worse than Georgia.

Pretty sure he is referring to the graduation rate of football players, not the overall rate.
In fairness, during Fulmer's best recruiting years, Tennessee's rate dropped because so many were either leaving for the NFL early, or spending their 8th semester focused on prep for their pro day.

No criticism from me on that. If 3 months from now you're going to sign a contract worth more than what most of your classmates will earn over the next 20 years... then your college investment has served you well. And if someday the degree will also serve you well, then come back when your playing days are over.

Maybe someone has dug into each Georgia player's situation to know what that 28% figure actually represents. But no way they're sending that many players to the pros!

According to Home | College Scorecard * UGa's graduation rate is 87%. By comparison, Tennessee's is 70%.

Can you source that 28% figure?

* a US Dept. of Education site
I misread the year...28% was from 2016. I believe the current graduation rate is 41%.

Run an internet search for "uga football graduation rate." You will find plenty of links and they indicate they are "the loweset among power four schools since 2016"

In fairness, during Fulmer's best recruiting years, Tennessee's rate dropped because so many were either leaving for the NFL early, or spending their 8th semester focused on prep for their pro day.

No criticism from me on that. If 3 months from now you're going to sign a contract worth more than what most of your classmates will earn over the next 20 years... then your college investment has served you well. And if someday the degree will also serve you well, then come back when your playing days are over.

Maybe someone has dug into each Georgia player's situation to know what that 28% figure actually represents. But no way they're sending that many players to the pros!
Remember when Gordon Gee, Vandy Prez, criticized our graduation rate? I e-mailed him and suggested he ask VFL US Representative Heath Shuler what he thought about being a Vol dropout.

He actually responded and we had some cordial exchanges for awhile.

I misread the year...28% was from 2016. I believe the current graduation rate is 41%.

Run an internet search for "uga football graduation rate." You will find plenty of links and they indicate they are "the loweset among power four schools since 2016"
As someone else pointed out, I did not know that your original post was referring to graduation rate of football players.

Miami in the 80's
Nebraska in the 90's

I'm not sure what you will do next with your life since, like your other uga student-atheletes, you most likely didn't graduate (uga's graduation rate is an abysmal 41%)
…aaaand the leghumpers keep proving me right.

ga CB Daniel Harris arrested yesterday for driving 106 in a 65 on a wet road.

program is out of control.

nothing will happen, as long as they win everyone turns a blind eye

…aaaand the leghumpers keep proving me right.

ga CB Daniel Harris arrested yesterday for driving 106 in a 65 on a wet road.

program is out of control.

nothing will happen, as long as they win everyone turns a blind eye
Yet more NCs the last decade (or 5).....

No one cares when you're winning

VN Store

Back