'24 DC OT Jordan Seaton (Future Portal Entry)

So no top ten recruiting class and we're stil in the middle of the SEC in recruiting rankings... great...

let me guess, "portal"? lol
Some teams ahead of us have many more commits than us. Look at the avg rating of our prospects. It’s well inside the top ten. Do some critical thinking and don’t just take things for face value.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Being honest, Enki has me paranoid about Boo now. Someone posted tweets between Boo and Seaton the other night which made it sound good for Tennessee. Now I'm wondering if it hints toward Boo flipping to Colorado? That would be a Superman kick to the nuts.
I wish I could say he isn't going anywhere, but idk. Anything could happen, but I'm gonna take his word and believe he is fully committed to the Vols.

He didnt want to play for the Vols, have fun playing in a 50k stadium with SEC games getting the media love before the Buffalos.

Being racist is totally funny.

Imagine how it feels to put all the time and effort to recruit you, just for them to say they don’t look like him?

Not a good look no matter how you want to spin it.
Stop crying. You will be ok in a few hours. If he feels comfortable at Colorado, that's good for him. I don't know his lived experiences, and neither do you. It appears his coaches at IMG has all looked like him until this past year. We don't know what that experience was like for him.

Reactions: berryvol
Those services profited off of kids info until now. Give me money and I’ll tell you where he’s committing!

Folks finally wising up to the game
why would you pay for it to start with. if they say anything noteworthy its right on here in 5 minutes or less.
If they didn't even exist, we'd still get the same news just as fast and sometimes quicker. . . sometimes it's posted here first.

Those guys get paid to deliver info, it's literally their 9-5 job, but 99% of the time its 50/50 stuff. When's the last time one of those guys actually gave definitive info or broke a story related to the commitment of a high-profile recruit? I cant recall a time when they ever gave definitive info or broke a story.

Personally, I think people pay the fee to have a place to talk to other fans like themselves and use the "insiders" to determine which topic has the most credibility relating to UT & recruiting. I dont think people pay for definitive info, they pay to know who we're in on and the quality of the players. If they're paying for definitive info, theyre getting robbed. VolNation is equally effective, doesn't have overlords and it's free.

Reactions: MarcoVol and KptVFL
Who are the top teams in the SEC? Now look at their recruiting. Not now, but before they were winning championships. Recruiting is huge in how they got to where they are.
True. Even with UGA (though it’s extremely easy to recruit there), Richt was recruiting Top 10 classes, Kirby was able to build off the wins Richt teams already had going to start recruiting top 5 and top 3 classes and stacking them.

Didn’t lie, cause he kept it hush hush, but all he talked about was Development, Development. Wanted to get to the league no matter what. NIL was important but all the talk was about Development. Not saying Colorado wouldn’t develop him but when you have other schools in his top 5 that have put OL kids in 1st round year after year….

^^^^ This ^^^^ was from December 4th, which was just 3 days ago. He lied.

We still need depth on the OL. That's why I think we could use a few OL from the portal. Injuries happen.
For depth we need to develop our young guys imo and not waste a spot or 3 on backups. We have damn near 20 OL currently on the roster with 4 freshmen coming in.

Maybe this kid knew he wasnt smart enough to get into these other schools. A smart kid does not make a stupid decision like this. So this is how it ends for him? Colorado
most dumb people arent smart enough to know they're dumb. I won't call the kid dumb, but this does seem like a decision that isn't smart. . .

Last edited:
I agree to a point. But this was bad. I mean Colorado was in no one’s radar. Hats off to Coach Prime for pulling this one off, but this was a huge failure by the media heads who cover the media. Kids lie all the time and the recruiting reporters are usually pretty decent at predicting things, so I gotta say this one is not a good look.

However, I guess we now know why Heupel and company didn’t go to meet with him yesterday. I’d say they had a good idea.
The old saying goes, “If you fool with chicken sh-t, you get chicken sh-t on you.” This guy will be Walter Nolan deuce, looking for a raise next year.

Reactions: tbwhhs and DD4ME
Sucks for us. Think it will suck for him more in the long run.

We have to do better in recruiting. Not specific to this recruitment simply because it sounds like there's not much we could have done here, but overall, we have to do better in recruiting. Heupel has to figure it out. Is it our pitch? Is it the NIL? Is it the coaches? Something is keeping us from taking that next step. I know some will swoop in and poo-poo this sentiment, but if 6-6 Auburn can have the class they're currently recruiting, there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to recruit better.
Auburn is exactly one spot ahead of Tennessee in the 247 Class of 2024 Football Team Recruiting Rankings. Auburn is 11th, while Tennessee is 12th. It's not as if there is some huge difference there.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
Wanting to play for a black HC as a black kid is not racist. It’s not really something a lot of people can understand that’s ok to not be able to relate.

Is it short sighted and probably a bad choice for his career? Yes, I think so but we all have to make our choices.

To me it's the saying it out loud part

VN Store

Back