Defensive Tackles

zizou

Anyone know who has been getting the most work so far this spring lining up beside Mahelona? I'm curious to see how that position will shake out.

Doesn't demonte bolden play dt? I heard he has been doing real good in spring so far.

Mahelona and Harrell(Cotton Bowl Defensive Player of the Game) finished last year as the starters and will start the fall as starter. If as expected Tony McDaniel is back for the fall he will be 1st off the bench and Bolden will be next if he continues to grow at his current rate. Then you have the 2 position players in McBride and Hostetter(injured again) who can play both DE and DT.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Apr 10, 2005 1:56 PM
Mahelona and Harrell(Cotton Bowl Defensive Player of the Game) finished last year as the starters and will start the fall as starter. If as expected Tony McDaniel is back for the fall he will be 1st off the bench and Bolden will be next if he continues to grow at his current rate. Then you have the 2 position players in McBride and Hostetter(injured again) who can play both DE and DT.

McBride will probably start opposite Mahelona. McBride is getting close to 290-300 lbs. We have too much at DE to need him there. Haralson, Mitchell, Reynolds, Hall, and Robert Ayers is having a great spring. Coaches are really high on Ayers. Our front 7 is going to be tough. I like the way our secondary may shake out. Stewart and Allen at CB's and then we have Campbell, Fellows, Heffney playing Safety. Jonathan Wade has also made vast improvements. Well be allright.

Originally posted by VinnyWho@Apr 11, 2005 11:39 AM
McBride will probably start opposite Mahelona

McBride ahead of Harrell?

Oh yeah. Harrell isnt as consitent as McBride. Harrell looked good here and there. McBride was solid all season.

I believe Mahelona and Harrell will be the starters, but the rotate so much its not that big of deal. McBride and McDaniel will play a ton. This is a very solid group. Bolden has also been impressive and the coaches are certainly high on him. Then you have guys like Hoss(can he stay healthy) and Harris(can he stay motivated and in shape). Harris has had a very good spring and is in the best shape of his career here at Tennessee. This is the "make of break" year for Harris and the coaches hope "it" has finally clicked for him. He certainly has the talent. This group was very young and inexperienced last year. They should be very tough this year.

VN Store

Back