Definition of a fluke? 4-4-4?

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
I've looked, but can't find, anything to validate this. I'm not sure how to look it up.

Is the NCAA record for scoring after a turnover really four? Forcing four consecutive turnovers, and scoring on all four, hasn't happened prior to the game yesterday?

If this is fact, that's pretty damn impressive. Is this a fluke?

They said something bout Florida St yesterday on the consecutive turnovers, not sure with TD's though

Reactions: 1 person
They said something bout Florida St yesterday on the consecutive turnovers, not sure with TD's though

I think they had six or seven, but didn't score on all of them. I heard that too.

edit: consecutive is the difference, not scoring, maybe?

I believe espn was reporting that there had been only one other game with more consecutive turnovers.......at leesh thash wha Lou Holsh shaid.

Reactions: 4 people
I believe espn was reporting that there had been only one other game with more consecutive turnovers.......at leesh thash wha Lou Holsh shaid.

That was painful to read. What about scoring after consecutive turnovers? (According to General Neyland, that's kind of a big deal. :) )

"The NCAA (FBS) record for forcing turnovers on consecutive possessions is seven by Florida against Florida State in 1972" (article by Mike Strange, "Vols divvy up return duties," published in the Tennessean).

The official entry in the NCAA record book is as follows: "MOST CONSECUTIVE OPPONENT’S SERIES RESULTING IN TURNOVERS 7—Florida vs. Florida St., Oct. 7, 1972 (4 fumbles lost, 3 interceptions; first seven series of the game)." See 2013 NCAA Football Records - NCAA.org.

There does not appear to be a specific entry for what we may have established: most consecutive offensive plays in which the defense caused a turnover.

Last edited:
That was painful to read. What about scoring after consecutive turnovers? (According to General Neyland, that's kind of a big deal. :) )

Oh I love it. It's nice to lead the SEC in turnover margin even if it is only week 2. Listen, I am as high on CBJ as anybody and I saw things on Saturday that have been missing for the better part of 7 to 8 years. Discipline for one. And it just seems when the guys are on the sidelines they have a different demeanor about them. We will get beat pretty soundly by some teams with superior talent, but it won't be because of lazy play, poor clock management, lack of communication on the field, and just flat out getting out coached. The future is bright.

Oh I love it. It's nice to lead the SEC in turnover margin even if it is only week 2. Listen, I am as high on CBJ as anybody and I saw things on Saturday that have been missing for the better part of 7 to 8 years. Discipline for one. And it just seems when the guys are on the sidelines they have a different demeanor about them. We will get beat pretty soundly by some teams with superior talent, but it won't be because of lazy play, poor clock management, lack of communication on the field, and just flat out getting out coached. The future is bright.

Who are you, and what have you done to that smart-ass Fade?:confused:

FSU holds the record for turnovers on consecutive possesions. We just set the record for turnovers on consecutive plays.

VN Store

Back