Denial Is So Ugly

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Clausen shines at Blue-Gold Game

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -- Jimmy Clausen was 10-of-27 passing for 183 yards during the 60-minute game with a running clock.

"I just feel great right now," said Clausen, who was hampered last season after elbow surgery.

"Jimmy got good zip on the ball," Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis said. "Obviously, he can sling it."

from Sports Illustrated.

Maybe it's just me but I watched the highlights and the d-line did not appear to be rushing on all downs. Some of the passing highlights showed the O-line standing straight up and not really blocking.

Kinda makes those stats look even better for ol Jimmy

dont miss the fact that it's Sport Illustrated's headline that "Jimmy Shines".

does that really say 10-27 and people are acting pleased?

Yep, have you missed all the Clausen slurping the last couple of days? As bad as that defense is, you would think some analyst would grow the balls to tell it like it is.

Yep, have you missed all the Clausen slurping the last couple of days? As bad as that defense is, you would think some analyst would grow the balls to tell it like it is.
I have missed it all. I went to a couple of UT baseball games and then had a birthday party for our twins.

Saw Hochevar pitch on some TiVO, but really nothing else.

How in the world can anyone act excited about an unhittable QB only going 10-27? I don't care if he can throw it through a bricko-block wall, that's horrendous.

Did anyone catch on CFB Live the other day, the guy covering the game said Clausen looks fantastic and that ND will be an 8 win team. Thne the guys in studio were like "I don't exactly know if i would call 10-27 with a pick "fantastic", but ok. Haha:birgits_giggle:

10 passes for 180 yards. Sounds like Clausen just chucked it down field and hoped a receiver was there. Hardly what I would call impressive.

I personally like the fight during the scrimmage. Way to coach em' up Charlie! Nothing like a little team unity to get you back on track. Good luck versus directional Michigan next year.

Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis likes the progression of QB Jimmy Clausen. "He has gone from 100-level classes to 300-level classes," he said. "Is he at a 400-level class or grad school yet? He's not there yet. If you can make that quantum leap from the 100s to the 300s, you can understand how much progress he has made mentally." – Chicago Tribune

and right after th comments on how smart he is...

• "I think it's the first time I've been healthy since I've been at Notre Dame," said sophomore Irish quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who has had elbow problems. So the position at last is free of injury, competition and melodrama, which offers a stable foundation with a second-year quarterback. "Last spring, each and every day was a new install and you had to remember the stuff from the other day. It was just piling on top of each other," Clausen said. "This spring, it was a lot easier. You were just trying to get the little bits and pieces down." – Chicago Tribune
guess he wasnt that smart last year?

VN Store

Back