Derrick Williams

UTVOLFAN

Coach Phil went and had dinner with this kid and his parents yesterday. has anyone heard how that went or anything.

I heard that Phil and half the coaching staff were there...kinda like we did for Respert. I haven't heard the results but I've seen "speculation" that it is a 2 horse race and we seem to be in pretty good shape. I'd love to have this kid's talent in Kville.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Dec 6, 2004 3:45 PM
I heard that Phil and half the coaching staff were there...kinda like we did for Respert. I haven't heard the results but I've seen "speculation" that it is a 2 horse race and we seem to be in pretty good shape. I'd love to have this kid's talent in Kville.

Who is the other horse?

OU!! he has family there and he felt "very comfortable" with Stoops...

More than just Fulmer went, so did Trooper, Washington, and Slade. He is now waiting on Spurrier's in-home and has 2 trips left one to Oklahoma and then either Texas or South Carolina and then he'll choose. UF is still in it bigtime because he likes the Offense that Meyers runs.

since Phil "cant" give the kid any "incentive"....we should get everyone to donate an couple bucks and try and persuade him...hahahaha :question: :beer:

I hope that we don't lose him to OU. I can't stand that.

Farrell may be the worst writer on the Rivals network and he absolutely hates Tennessee.

ive heard that with Urban Meyers taking over Florida is now his #1 consideration.

1. Florida
2. UT
3. OU
4. Texas
5. Penn State

anyone know this for sure?

He's going where the guns are... Florida very well could be our toughest SEC game next year, if Urban can develop what they've got on offense like I think he can.

there is a big differnce in the sec i think meyer will start out like zook and we will make it 3 in a row with the talent we have comming back we will be the team ever one looks out for

True. It's a very real possibility we could be SEC champs next year :D

Young and only getting better!

But I meant, I think Florida will have a very strong offensive game next year, which could prove troublesome for us. I expect improvement in our backfield over the offseason, but I doubt we will go from 110th or wherever we are to top 25.

anyone think james banks will make an impact with our defensive backs?

i see that as our biggest weakness. even though we have one of the best defensive back coaches in the nation.

Attachments

• p_slade_03_1_.jpg
    p_slade_03_1_.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by milohimself@Dec 7, 2004 11:39 AM
I expect improvement in our backfield over the offseason, but I doubt we will go from 110th or wherever we are to top 25.

It can happen.... especially after starting freshmen at key positions this season... will be more experienced and ready for next season....

In 1995 the Vols gave up 2283 passing yards at a 56% completion rate. That season's only loss was a 62-37 loss to Florida. The following season, the Vols gave up only 1434 yards at a 47% completion rate.

The Vols also recruit Junior College players to shore up the defense at times. Former immediate impact players that come to mind are Dale Carter and Julian Battle.

VN Store

Back