DE's and DT's

k-sny-vol

k-sny-vol
so what do you guys think about the D-Line that have committed to us and still havent got here.. which ones do you guys think will end up making it here.
these DE's are
1) Gerald WIlliams.. its been like twice that he's failed to make it to UT! I think he should make it next year.
2) Cory Hall: He's supposed to be way better than his 2 star rating he got last year
3) Rae Sykes: I really hope we get this guy.. he's got good size and speed

DTs
1) Melancon: i still dont know if he's still committed to UT! and will he be able to come to UT after just one year of JUCO or two

If there's and DLINE i left off the list, just state their facts about where they stand and their chance of actually making it to UT!

Can you imagine Gerald Williams opposite of Ben Martin? What killer ends we would have. I think Williams is supposed to be here in the spring. I may be wrong though.

Can you imagine Gerald Williams opposite of Ben Martin? What killer ends we would have. I think Williams is supposed to be here in the spring. I may be wrong though.

I know Big Ben will be an "All-American" (by Fulmer).

Have not heard much about GW. Can anyone elaborate on it?

He's at JUCO right now. He's been on the commitment list the past 3 years. Should be a sophomore when he gets here.

Does anyone else think that the lack of a speedy pass rushing type DE hurt us against Cal? They out-muscled our De's and I think someone who has speed around the edge could have made a difference. JMO.

Does anyone else think that the lack of a speedy pass rushing type DE hurt us against Cal? They out-muscled our De's and I think someone who has speed around the edge could have made a difference. JMO.

i agree, it would have taken some pressure off of Parrish and company but i still dont kno how much better it would have been

Melancon is still committed to UT, fully intends on coming to UT. The only guy we lost out of this class, so far, is Deshaun Barnes.

according to HV we're just fine on the line. Last year (when we couldnt stop the run) and the Cal game were just anomalies.:)

He said we have young talent on the D-Line. And, we do. I am just as confident in our unproven young talent at D-Line as I am in HS Senior D-Line talent out there this year.

I'm hoping in the next 2-3 years to see some forsight and vision in dline recruiting. What defense should we run? And does recruited talent decide that? What other factors other than personnel go into choosing a base defense? I like to see more lead time on these decisions than 1 offseason if nothing else than to get good looks at potential JUCO tranfers before the other teams grab up the best talent.

Just looking for an update from hv, or anyone else with information on the status of recruiting for the DL. Bama and UGA seem to be knocking it out in this category.

No news right now as far as DL recruiting goes. We may turn into a Cal/Nebraska type. Scouring the JUCO ranks year in and year out for a few decent DL, at least until we can build up a good corps.

No news right now as far as DL recruiting goes. We may turn into a Cal/Nebraska type. Scouring the JUCO ranks year in and year out for a few decent DL, at least until we can build up a good corps.

it worked somewhat for Kansas State and it's worked for UT in the past with guys like Chuck SMith and Chris Mims

Right now, we don't appear to have any other choice than the JUCO route.

VN Store

Back