Devotion

LucidZ

As I sit here this morning, still reeling from the emotions of last night, I find myself in a state of reflection. Not just for yesterday, but something beyond that.

I saw for myself just how special this historical moment was for so many. From the people celebrating at the game, to those celebrating at watch parties, and to those here on our beloved community forum. There are so many of us that it can be difficult to distill the impact of something like this down to the individual level - to know what it means for each of us.

Sometimes the easiest way to see that is when we look to our close friends or family. For me that understanding came when I saw my mother crying at the conclusion of the game. I was reminded of what Pat Summitt once so eloquently said during her Hall of Fame induction speech: "It's about relationships. Those national championships and those big wins are great, but if you don't have someone to share it with - what do you have?"

This win wouldn't mean as much if it weren't for the people. "You win at life with people."

And so I would like to dedicate this win to the people. To those with us and those no longer with us, who would be so proud. So many people have been a part of this great university at one time or another, who wore our colors with pride. To Summitt, Neyland, Majors, Ward...and so many more...this is for you. Thank you for paving the way. For inspiring us and for mentoring young men and women to become champions.

Take a moment and think about someone you wish was here to experience it with you. Whoever you are thinking about, know how happy they must be to have you thinking of them and how blessed you are to know they are smiling with you.

"I could never give to this game what this game have given or meant to me; it has changed my life for the better." - Pat Summitt

GQ7Q0cYWIAEr9xn.jpg

Agree. So thankful we have AD/HC's who understand the value of culture and our fanbase. I feel like w/ Tony V/Barnes/JH, we've got a great group of HC's. It's entirely unmeasurable, but to me there's a great value of impact on all sports recruiting (thinking mostly football) to come on campus, whether it's football, basketball or baseball to see high level play and fan support. Literally, at this moment, there's no other SEC school who can say this. If JH can get his guys aligned for a stellar football season, we'll truly be in "all major sports" uncharted territory! Gotta give Danny White props here, including making tough calls like women's bb coach change.

Reactions: Element01 and sami

VN Store

Back