Dewey Warren Losing His Show On 850

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
His show is going off the air on 850am. While I never thought there was much substance to his show....I hope somebody fills that time slot with a UT show.

Yeah, whats up with 850? First Bassillio and now the Swamp Rat. I liked Dewey but he would never take a stand and would agree with every caller just to keep things peaceful. He was just too nice. Debate is what makes things fun and interesting. I guess that is why SportsTalk on 990 is so successful, they take a position.

I think he is that kid on Malcom in the Middle.....

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 8, 2005 4:10 PM
Who's Dewey Warren?

:dunno:

"The Swamp Rat"

Former Vols' quarterback from 1965-67. Held the record for most passing yards in a season for 16 years AND was the first Vol quarterback to pass for more than 600 yards in a season (twice). In 1966, he passed for 1716 yards and 18 TDs. Injuries cut his playing time down, but he still managed to pass for 1053 yds in 1967.

His career stats are 258-of-440 (58.6%) for 3357 yards and 27 TDs.

There is actually a book written by Chris Cawood entitled, "The Legacy of the Swamp Rat: Tennessee Quarterbacks Who Just Said No to Alabama."

You can purchase the book online here.... follow the link>>>

Attachments

• 197949.jpg
    197949.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 10
I'm really sorry to hear that. He was a good quarterback back in the day. Was in the Heisman race to an extent. I never really knew how good he was until I read up more about him in the past couple of years. That's pretty sad with him being my uncle and all.

Originally posted by NashvilleVol@Mar 10, 2005 2:47 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. He was a good quarterback back in the day. Was in the Heisman race to an extent. I never really knew how good he was until I read up more about him in the past couple of years. That's pretty sad with him being my uncle and all.

He's your uncle??? :yikes:

VN Store

Back