Disney's Christmas Carol w/ Jim Carrey

dalton_vol

proud toxic patriarch.
not sure if you guys have seen this movie, but it's a yearly tradition with us. has to be one the best animated movies especially for Christmas. Jim does a fantastic job on this movie.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
not sure if you guys have seen this movie, but it's a yearly tradition with us. has to be one the best animated movies especially for Christmas. Jim does a fantastic job on this movie.
As a big fan of The Polar Express, I REALLY wanted to like A Christmas Carol, since the same animation studio did both. However for me, A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey just didn't quite hit the mark. I didn't like that the movie strayed so far from the book with the ridiculous chase sequence when Scrooge shrinks down to the size of a mouse. Plus, I thought the character model of Bob Cratchit just looked weird! I think they were trying to make it look a bit like Gary Oldman, who voiced the character, but to me he ended up looking more like Alfred E. Newman from Mad Magazine.

For A Christmas Carol, there are two that I watch every year. The first one, and I think it's the best one of them all, is the one with George C. Scott. The other is the old black and white 1938 version starring Reginald Owen and Gene Lockhart.

As far as animated Christmas Carols, I'd rather watch Mickey's Christmas Carol or Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.

As a big fan of The Polar Express, I REALLY wanted to like A Christmas Carol, since the same animation studio did both. However for me, A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey just didn't quite hit the mark. I didn't like that the movie strayed so far from the book with the ridiculous chase sequence when Scrooge shrinks down to the size of a mouse. Plus, I thought the character model of Bob Cratchit just looked weird! I think they were trying to make it look a bit like Gary Oldman, who voiced the character, but to me he ended up looking more like Alfred E. Newman from Mad Magazine.

For A Christmas Carol, there are two that I watch every year. The first one, and I think it's the best one of them all, is the one with George C. Scott. The other is the old black and white 1938 version starring Reginald Owen and Gene Lockhart.

As far as animated Christmas Carols, I'd rather watch Mickey's Christmas Carol or Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.

the shrinking didn't bother me. stories like that have some room for creativity so i was fine with that. i think the production and animations was great and it painted a good picture of that period. i thought bob looked a little odd too but again the book allowed room for creativity. now if they made bob a some female, then i would have an issue with it. i also liked the movie Scrooge, it was the 1st Christmas Carol movie i saw.

VN Store

Back