Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

I have some Croc flip flops that are super comfortable
I have a couple pairs of crocks and reef/keen flip flops I rotate.
Basically I’m never barefoot anymore and my feet are thankful. So are my knees. But if there’s something better out there I’m willing to check it out.

Ran 6 miles Tuesday morning and can’t believe how sore my calf muscles are. Feel like I tweaked something and didn’t know it.

Was planning on 7+ this morning but it ain’t happening.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Ran 6 miles Tuesday morning and can’t believe how sore my calf muscles are. Feel like I tweaked something and didn’t know it.

Was planning on 7+ this morning but it ain’t happening.
Do you normally go that far?
At my age (52) I’ve found that 3-4 miles 3 times a week using an old man stride is about the max I want to go to avoid hunting myself.

At my age (52) I’ve found that 3-4 miles 3 times a week using an old man stride is about the max I want to go to avoid hunting myself.
Even at my age, 32, if something starts feeling funky I stop and stretch. If I do tweak something it is two to three weeks of down time, instead of two or three days in HS.

And if it's my knee it could be six weeks and I am starting from scratch.

32 and I’m active as one can be. Might just be the flat ground and no hills. I’m loosening up, but man haven’t felt that tight in my calf’s since middle school b-ball tournaments.

I can't run due to back issues. But I walk 6-7 miles a day 4 times a week. I also love to ride my bikes. I prefer the road bike, but I ride my mountain bike a couple of times a month. I try to ride for at least an hour every trip.

I can't run due to back issues. But I walk 6-7 miles a day 4 times a week. I also love to ride my bikes. I prefer the road bike, but I ride my mountain bike a couple of times a month. I try to ride for at least an hour every trip.
What kinda bikes do you have?

I have a Trek Road bike. Cheaper version of Mtn. bike. I have been waiting for over a year on an upgraded version of my road bike. My Mtn. bike has disc brakes and will stop on a dime. My current Trek has the older style rim brakes. It doesn't stop near as fast. Sometimes I ride on our local greenway. There are people walking, some of them are walking dogs. Being able to stop fast is very important. Even though bikes are allowed people don't look for them.

Is that one long walk, or do you break it in two? That’s a good two hours a day, right?

Is that one long walk, or do you break it in two? That’s a good two hours a day, right?
On my days off I break it up. I will take my dog for a walk early, then I go back and finish my walk. When I walk the dog we have to stop a lot. People want to pet him and they ask questions about him.

Reactions: VolNExile
On my days off I break it up. I will take my dog for a walk early, then I go back and finish my walk. When I walk the dog we have to stop a lot. People want to pet him and they ask questions about him.
I hope you realize that you now need to post a pic of the dog!

He is in my Avatar. He is a Boerboel Mastiff. Currently, he weighs 165 lbs and is still growing. SMH

VN Store

Back