Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

We really could but at the studio you get an inspirational message from proverbs while the instructor try’s to kill you. Plus there’s a paramedic helper walking around in case you actually try to die.
Memo to self: do not voluntarily engage in activities that feature a paramedic as part of the staffing. 🚑

Speaking of sweat, I'm a bit puzzled by my lack thereof on my recent bike rides (after months off.)

I get damp, there's a bit of active sweating, but it's not dripping off the way it often did on 90F+ days.

Granted, I'm not going as hard as I might. But how much does it really take to work up a proper sweat when the dew point is in the mid- to upper 70s?

Speaking of sweat, I'm a bit puzzled by my lack thereof on my recent bike rides (after months off.)

I get damp, there's a bit of active sweating, but it's not dripping off the way it often did on 90F+ days.

Granted, I'm not going as hard as I might. But how much does it really take to work up a proper sweat when the dew point is in the mid- to upper 70s?
When I’m doing yoga or running in the morning at the house I take a 10 minute sauna or hot shower first to get the heat flowing faster. I can’t imagine having an issue with it being as hot as it is.

When I’m doing yoga or running in the morning at the house I take a 10 minute sauna or hot shower first to get the heat flowing faster. I can’t imagine having an issue with it being as hot as it is.
Right.

You may have posted this earlier, but is it your belief that there is some concrete benefit to getting all sweating?

Right.

You may have posted this earlier, but is it your belief that there is some concrete benefit to getting all sweating?
Yes.
There are definitely health benefits from getting the sweat going. Removing toxins from the body ect.

Always sounds elementary but it’s so important. Make sure you’re hydrated and hydrating.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

I sweat when I ride, but at speed, the air is moving much of it off me. Pouring sweat happens when I’m still.

Legs? Where specifically?
When I was riding yesterday, the wide soles of my shoes would strike the bike frame extending to the rear wheel, requiring me to consciously turn my toes in and my heels out. My right leg has been having issues at the hip and knee. The entire leg started humming about 15 miles in, so I stopped for a water break at a tunnel which provided cool air at the entrances. From there, I turned back. My right leg complained during the ride back. Meanwhile, the left shoe was chafing my foot.

I’ll ride again tomorrow or Sunday with a different pair of shoes. My old riding shoes gave me no issues. They were narrower at the sole. I don’t use clip-ins but old school cages. I’m a touring rider that likes to walk around locations, so I wear “regular” shoes to ride.

The former pair were old and came apart after my previous ride. I was overdue for using a new pair.

I did 34 miles this morning. Only a few more miles than I have been doing recently, but more climbing on this route.

I drank about six glasses of water before I started. Air temperature increased from about 73F to 83F during the ride.

Still not much sweating. Kind of mysterious.

VN Store

Back