Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

IMG_3065.jpegIMG_3066.jpeg

1st 20 mile run of the training block. Tried to do 14 miles at marathon pace. Only managed to do 12 at that pace. Heart rate was higher than I would have liked.

Not going to let myself get too frustrated. I know the hard work will pay off. Still have 2 more 20 mile runs and 5 weeks to go before I taper. Plus, the course will be much flatter, temperatures much cooler, and I’ve got some fancy carbon shoes for the race.

I love running, but 20 mile runs are so tough for me from a mental standpoint. I’m fine when I’m doing it, but man, it’s intimidating.

View attachment 678926View attachment 678927

1st 20 mile run of the training block. Tried to do 14 miles at marathon pace. Only managed to do 12 at that pace. Heart rate was higher than I would have liked.

Not going to let myself get too frustrated. I know the hard work will pay off. Still have 2 more 20 mile runs and 5 weeks to go before I taper. Plus, the course will be much flatter, temperatures much cooler, and I’ve got some fancy carbon shoes for the race.

I love running, but 20 mile runs are so tough for me from a mental standpoint. I’m fine when I’m doing it, but man, it’s intimidating.
Three 20 milers is a lot. The work will pay off.

I hope so. I am considering dropping the last 20 miler and making it a 17. As currently drawn up, the 20 miler is the last before a 2 week taper.
I hit 3 18’s as my peak this cycle. Different strokes for different folks. I would go with whatever your body is telling you first and then whatever makes you feel the most confident second.

Hard to believe, but better to show up to the start undertrained than overtrained.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
I hit 3 18’s as my peak this cycle. Different strokes for different folks. I would go with whatever your body is telling you first and then whatever makes you feel the most confident second.

Hard to believe, but better to show up to the start undertrained than overtrained.

I understand your thought process 100%. Don’t make your best runs during training.

I’m loosely following Phitz’s 18/55 plan which calls for 3, 20 mile runs.

Last marathon cycle I did a 20 and a 22. The 22 was a waste.

Taper going well?

4.25 mile walk. I have no elevation or time. I stopped so often to speak with neighbors, Strava time out. Found the power crew working where a tree fall had knocked down lines, interrupting power to my property and several hundred others. They were removing a big oak and had to reset lines to three poles, then fix or replace a transformer. No time frame for power restoration. No news of impact to communication lines. I’ll find out when power is restored.

VN Store

Back