Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

You’ll do a great job. I’m excited for you! It will be tough to decide how to approach it, regarding performance versus experience. Did you have a specific goal time in mind(sorry if asked/answered).

I sort of hate it for the people from the south running October marathons. I don’t feel like you will get the satisfaction of a few weeks of training in cooler temperatures. I’m really excited for the next couple of weeks, as I’m hopeful I can get a glimpse of real performance gains. For the first time ever, Garmin race predictor said I could run a sub 22 5k.
I don’t know what I’ll be able to pace off the start but I’d like to settle into 830 miles. Sub 3:40 is what I would realistically be shooting at as a goal absent the get off. I think that ends up being sub 3:45 or so.

Finishing is always goal 1. Sub 4 is goal 2. 3:45 is my target and 3:30 if all the stars were to align.

I’ve only had one long run with what I expect to be the weather. Had a very early morning without any humidity a couple weeks ago and absolutely crushed an 18 with a relaxed effort. Hoping the struggle through heat and humidity for the rest of it translates to faster times in Chicago.

VN Store

Back