Dobbs & Jennings reliving "The Catch"

The Dobb Goblin stepped back and bounced backwards, stepped forward to the 52yd line, and launched. Joe Milton, you're the long ball heaver, but he Dobb throw made a liar of those who claimed he had a weak arm at the time. And Jennings, Jennings, baby, he reached for the sky and caught an eagle on the fly.

Last edited:
Still can’t figure out why, IN THE WORLD, UGA kicked off to Evan Berry so he could return it to even give us a chance to throw the Hail Mary?

They had to kick 15 yards back due to celebration penalty. Berry was standing at about the 12 yard line. They tried to pooch it to the sideline around the 30 yard line. Berry ran at a full sprint just to catch it. Just poorly executed by Blankenship...

Tennessee had 10 guys within 25 yards to prevent squib kick. Actually a real smart job by our coaching staff.

They then had multiple guys offsides so add another 5 yards to return.

Still can’t figure out why, IN THE WORLD, UGA kicked off to Evan Berry so he could return it to even give us a chance to throw the Hail Mary?
Same reason we let UGA receivers get behind our DBs, seconds earlier...BIG MISTAKE!

UGA fans like to talk about our "miracle", when we had them dead to rights for the W before their semi-miracle.

It’s pretty sickening that team started 5-0, then pissed away the east and then a Sugar Bowl berth on top of it. It was an amazing play, but i guess thats why it doesnt really move the needle for me in retrospect, because it didnt ultimately amount to anything.

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol
Funny that the Ga radio guy said "who cares?" after the excessive celebration penalty. Then penalties were the first thing they brought up as the reason for Ga losing after the catch.
lol… Yep.

I’ve been going to road games for 40 years. I’ve never seen a home crowd as euphoric as they were with :10 to go. I’ve never seen a crowd as dejected as they were postgame. I’ve never seen a winning road crowd talking less trash and trying so hard to get to their cars lol.

They had to kick 15 yards back due to celebration penalty. Berry was standing at about the 12 yard line. They tried to pooch it to the sideline around the 30 yard line. Berry ran at a full sprint just to catch it. Just poorly executed by Blankenship...

Tennessee had 10 guys within 25 yards to prevent squib kick. Actually a real smart job by our coaching staff.

They then had multiple guys offsides so add another 5 yards to return.
I had literally just told the guy next to me that there was only one guy in the stadium that could hurt them if they were dumb enough to kick to him. The ball goes in the air and I hear the guy behind me say “You gotta be $41xxing me” lol.

I had literally just told the guy next to me that there was only one guy in the stadium that could hurt them if they were dumb enough to kick to him. The ball goes in the air and I hear the guy behind me say “You gotta be $41xxing me” lol.

I think they had no intention of kicking it to him. I think they wanted to pop it over the 10 guys within 25 yds and in front of Berry and land around the 35.

Berry ran full sprint to catch it. Blankenship kicked it about 5 yards too hard....

Reactions: WillisWG
I think they had no intention of kicking it to him. I think they wanted to pop it over the 10 guys within 25 yds and in front of Berry and land around the 35.

Berry ran full sprint to catch it. Blankenship kicked it about 5 yards too hard....
The other thing about that return… Berry steps out just across the 50. He actually could have put his head down and got another 7-10 yards and then the offsides would’ve put the ball around the UGA 35-40 and we probably go for the tie and the Hail Mary never happens.

So where’s the ball now? In the Tennessee Football Center with other game balls and awards? College Football Hall of Fame, maybe?

“I got it. It’s back at.....

A huge reason why that moment was so memorable is because the Vols had been on the receiving end of SO MUCH bad luck over the past 15 years or so. I was in disbelief that something so amazing and unexpected could happen to Tennessee.

Of course, in true Vols fashion, we went on to lose to a Hail Mary the next year, lol.

I've NEVER seen this perspective of the end of that game...

VN Store

Back