Does the win against AP help or hinder our bowl chances?

stephenk24

Back after a long nap
Noob question alert:

If we win six games this year, and one of them is against AP, can we go to a bowl? Or do we have to beat 6 FBS teams to be considered?

Thanks.

I had to ask this too, cuz I forgot that it's if you play 2 of them only 1 counts so we are still good.

Wtf how would a loss "help us" get into bowl eligibility. Of course the win is helpful

*EDIT - do you mean to say, a win over such a lesser team? As in should we have scheduled a more formidable cupcake?

FCS wins used to not count toward bowl eligibility. When the schedule went to 12 games, they now allow 1 FCS win to count.

Not a stupid question...
6 wins and a fan base that will show & spend dough...It's ALL about the Benjamins....'Ol Chap...

all-about-the-benjamins[1].gif

Wtf how would a loss "help us" get into bowl eligibility. Of course the win is helpful

*EDIT - do you mean to say, a win over such a lesser team? As in should we have scheduled a more formidable cupcake?

Not the way I see it, it wouldn't be helpful if we missed out on a bowl because we won six games but one didn't count because they were an FCS team. What I mean is, would it have been better to schedule a Sun Belt team for instance if an FCS win doesn't count,

Not the way I see it, it wouldn't be helpful if we missed out on a bowl because we won six games but one didn't count because they were an FCS team. What I mean is, would it have been better to schedule a Sun Belt team for instance if an FCS win doesn't count,

I see what you mean now my apologies.

FCS wins used to not count toward bowl eligibility. When the schedule went to 12 games, they now allow 1 FCS win to count.
I think it has more to do with the fact that there are so many bowls now it's the only way to have enough eligible teams to fill them all.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Winning never hinders anything for UT.
(But it might hinder you if you bet the farm on Peay.)

VN Store

Back