Donovan Impact of UT BBall

PineyBluff Vol

What are our chances with recruits that Tennessee and Florida have in common, now that Donovan has skipped to the NBA?

I dont really think it helps us that much as our top targets (Singleton, E. Williams, Fortson , Zeller, and some others) didn't list Florida as an option. The only one that us and Florida had in common was Darius Miller and many think its down to Kentucky and us for him anyways.....:good!:

I dont really think it helps us that much as our top targets (Singleton, E. Williams, Fortson , Zeller, and some others) didn't list Florida as an option. The only one that us and Florida had in common was Darius Miller and many think its down to Kentucky and us for him anyways.....:good!:

who is fortson?

When discussing PG possibilities, don't leave out Kemba Walker from Rice High in NYC.

I heard we, along with Kentucky, contacted him a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get ant read on our level of interest, but was able to confirm we contacted him.

Good I heard he has been TEARING it up this Spring and didnt disappoint at the MDC in Nashville last weekend. He would be a really good pickup as he is supposed to be a great passer, leader and a pretty good shooter. < Something I would like to have in this class

Good I heard he has been TEARING it up this Spring and didnt disappoint at the MDC in Nashville last weekend. He would be a really good pickup as he is supposed to be a great passer, leader and a pretty good shooter. < Something I would like to have in this class
His performance in Nashville brought a lot of new suitors to the table.

lets hope we can get a great pg or 2 in this class because I'm not sure if Ramar Smith will be here all four years. And even if he is here all 4 he'd only be here through the 2009-10 season

I don't think Ramar will leave after this season, but I could see him bolting after his Junior year if he continues to develop at the current pace.

I don't think Ramar will leave after this season, but I could see him bolting after his Junior year if he continues to develop at the current pace.

that would probably be a good thing. If we can start putting players in the NBA before they're seniors, it would do wonders for recruiting. It's helping Texas and Ohio State right now.

^especially Ohio State. Their recruiting this year is rediculous, even considering that they were in the finals last year. They basically have an entire class of top 50 players already.

Hatvol, you are completely right about Kemba Walkerhearing from Tennessee :Recruit - Kemba Walker - Your home for the UC Bearcats

Also in terms of Ohio State, they just landed what many(almost everybody, Telep and Meyer) people think is the #1 recruit in the Class of 2010 Deshaun Thomas. Thats not all, he( Thomas) joins another TOP 5 Recruit Jared Sullinger from the CLASS OF 2010!

I think their strategy is wowing players before they see any other campuses. Or doin it the Alabama football way $$$

Hat, have you seen Leslie McDonald play? He's our top recruit for the 2009 class, 5 stars out of Memphis. I go to school with him and was wondering if you have had a chance to see him and what your opinion is?

I tell him about Tennessee every day so I guarentee you he knows about us and Pearl and Forbes have been thru school and practices a lot so we are definitely in it. I think Duke may lead cuz of the prestige and academics cuz he is really a bright kid (over a 3.5 gpa and wants to be an architect). But Tennessee is definitely in it.

Hat, have you seen Leslie McDonald play? He's our top recruit for the 2009 class, 5 stars out of Memphis. I go to school with him and was wondering if you have had a chance to see him and what your opinion is?
I have not seen him. I don't think he's played in any of the big events in Vegas yet, due to his age. Hopefully, he'll be there this year. I do know a number of coaches and scouts who I respect really like him.

It shows that Duke hasn't offered yet, via Rivals. There's always a good chance they haven't updated his profile yet, though.

VN Store

Back