Draft Gems: UT's Ainge could be a bargain pick

A lot of it will depend on who picks him. There are some seriously crappy teams in the NFL, and if he ends up on one of them he could have a short career.

What is does not mention is his lack of testicular fortitude.......

if he makes a squad he will make minimum of what $400k per year for 5-10 years...yeah he will be real upset.
who on here wouldnt carry a clipboard for that.

unreal people have to bash him....say thanks for his time..
why dont more people support the vols that are "vols fans" vs down them every chance they get.

if he makes a squad he will make minimum of what $400k per year for 5-10 years...yeah he will be real upset.

why dont more people support the vols that are "vols fans" vs down them every chance they get.

Who has bashed Ainge in this thread?

No one bashed him.

Where did that come from? I haven't seen anybody even slightly bash him in this thread.

Comparing him to Trent Dilfer isn't a shot at Ainge. It's just recognizing that he's probably never going to be a guy who will singlehandedly win football games, but can do alright managing an offense.

I think Erik can have a pretty productive NFL career if he can avoid teams like the Detroit, San Francisco, and Houston (at least for a couple more seasons). He'd really benefit from sitting for at least one season behind a good vet.

In fairness to the other QBs to whom he is being compared, the stat about consecutive pass attempts without an interception is a little misleading.

When your average pass pattern is 4 feet, you aren't going to throw many interceptions.

In fairness to the other QBs to whom he is being compared, the stat about consecutive pass attempts without an interception is a little misleading.

When your average pass pattern is 4 feet, you aren't going to throw many interceptions.

Is that your daily shot? Get it out of your system?

I could see him doing well depending on what team he goes to. I could see him doing good in Indy

Nope.

But tell me, is there not a grain of truth to the observation that the Vols haven't exactly been flinging the rock downfield for the past few years?
06 we did it more than 07, and i've said this and said this........you can point to the WR position as a reason why. last year we simply didn't have anyone on the field that could stretch it, so the pattersn were designed underneath, curls, comebacks etc....that allowed for more possesion type offense, allowed the O Line to hold their blocks for less time and made the offense efficient, just not real exciting.

i think the comparision to Dilfer is fair, he can be serviceable in the NFL, but i don't know that he'll ever be a qb that can put the team on his shoulders and lead them to big time success. he can be a cog in the machine, where the sum of the parts = something good, kind of like Jake Delhomme when everyone's healthy, and they have a running game, Jake D is a serviceable qb, and can peform at a higher level when everything is clicking.....put him on a team where he's the only guy, and he flames out fast.

VN Store

Back