Dwight Jones Talks Vols

tclowers23

With two monster commitments this past weekend, Phillip Fulmer and his staff return to the recruiting scene this weekend as they will host anywhere from 12-16 prospects this weekend in Knoxville on official visits. One of those is Burlington, North Carolina wide receiver Dwight Jones.

Any good news?

I think our chances are better than some people think. But, I wouldnt call it a good chance. Meachem going helps us in two ways. It helps because it creates early playing time and he said he wanted that. It also helps because Jones sees that Trooper can coach him up and get players at WR into the NFL.

I think our chances are better than some people think. But, I wouldnt call it a good chance. Meachem going helps us in two ways. It helps because it creates early playing time and he said he wanted that. It also helps because Jones sees that Trooper can coach him up and get players at WR into the NFL.

Also, He leaves a lucrative starting position at the University of Tennessee one year earlier than people thought...(Sadly, or Happily?)

Ainge better work on that 1.7 second release gettin the ball to great WR's. Offensive linemen are a part of a football team too. Lemme see how many did we recruit?:eek:hmy:

I notice that "Tennessee" is ranked above the "Florida" under Dwight Jones's "college choice" on Rivals.
So it is the race between UT, UNC and Clemons. I believe we have better chance than Clemons. UNC is the school he is doubting.

Bold conclusion: we will get him :) :)

I notice that "Tennessee" is ranked above the "Florida" under Dwight Jones's "college choice" on Rivals.
So it is the race between UT, UNC and Clemons. I believe we have better chance than Clemons. UNC is the school he is doubting.

Bold conclusion: we will get him :) :)
Who is Clemons?

He has scheduled visits to UF and Clemson but, if he doesn't go to UNC, he will be attending UT.

Ainge better work on that 1.7 second release gettin the ball to great WR's. Offensive linemen are a part of a football team too. Lemme see how many did we recruit?:eek:hmy:
Did you look at the depth chart before making this statement? The Vols go into 2007 in much better shape on the OL than they did 2006. Losing Sears hurts but they return McNeil, Foster, Young, McClendon, and Parker. Behind them you have serviceable back-ups like Frogg. Then, you also have several guys that were highly recruited that haven't even begun to make their marks like Scott and Johnson.

Some people have talked about moving someone else over from defense. The Vols should be able to move Richard over to tackle without missing him.

Dan Williams will likely be an OG as well. The OL should be way better next year. The WRs will be youthful but I'm tired of that excuse. Look at UF this year. Young WRs, young OL, young DBs and SECC and NC.

UF didn't have young WR's. Baker, Caldwell, Tookes, and Cornelius were all contributors and seniors. They lose their center as well.... putting them in sort of the same boat as UT except they don't have anything returning at RB. Their defense had several seniors as well.

They did have young contributors though. I keep saying it to almost universal disagreement but UT looks to be in very good shape for next year to me. The big question marks are at DT and WR. DT is probably the worst with only two guys with skill and experience. The WR is wide open but there will be a bunch of high end competitors for PT.

I actually think the line will be one of the best the Vols have had for a long time and that the run game will be very solid. The TE's are good enough that if UT can come up with 2 playmakers at WR... they'll have enough guns to beat anyone.

hv, If Williams moves over, who will be behind Mapu and Bolden?

Wes Brown or any of the other guys would have to add about 30 lbs.

The DE rotation looks pretty solid though with Reynolds, Ayers, Mitchell, and Fisher.

DT rotation is Mapu, Bolden, Fisher, one or two of Thomas/Brown/Nelson, and the freshmen

DE rotation is Mitchell, Reynolds, Ayers, Mathis, one or two of Thomas/Brown/Nelson, and the freshmen

And OG Chris Scott? He should have learnt a lot from Sears. He looks so good!

Not OG. Good chance he starts LT next year. Once he gets his strength back up, he will be very, very good(All American possibly).

Nah, EY isn't quick enough for LT. Didn't you see him get abused by Arkansas? Young has always been a RT and Scott a LT. We recruited Scott and Ramone Johnson specifically for LT.

VN Store

Back