End of the Bureaucratic State?

Orangeburst

Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Not sure where the supreme court figures in this. It's easy enough for Congress to exercise its power to alter the charter docs for the agencies at any time if they're stepping out of bounds.

Not sure where the supreme court figures in this. It's easy enough for Congress to exercise its power to alter the charter docs for the agencies at any time if they're stepping out of bounds.

That will never happen because then congress would be responsible.

if the court rules on it, then they will not have a choice, or nothing will get instituted..which is good as well.

I’m talking about why congress just doesn’t strip the power of rule/lawmaking from the bureaucracies. If they did that then they would have to take responsibility for all of the dumb shizz the federal government does.

I’m talking about why congress just doesn’t strip the power of rule/lawmaking from the bureaucracies. If they did that then they would have to take responsibility for all of the dumb shizz the federal government does.
it is a yuge deal..Even gas mileage standards are at stake..enormous.

Reactions: norrislakevol
They only nose in with their actual authority when it scores political points. Lots of idiotic and wasteful laws the VA has to follow come from Congressional political pandering.

Otherwise you're right, they don't want the responsibility and they don't want the work that would be required to maintain oversight.

Reactions: hog88
it is a yuge deal..Even gas mileage standards are at stake..enormous.

Are the rubes really put out by gas-mileage standards that save people money and promote efficiency?

I'm curious to know how rubes think they're oppressed by the the GOVERNMENT. Boo!

Ya'll funny.

Are the rubes really put out by gas-mileage standards that save people money and promote efficiency?

I'm curious to know how rubes think they're oppressed by the the GOVERNMENT. Boo!

Ya'll funny.

They don't save people money. They make cars and especially trucks much more expensive. If the .gov was serious about fuel mileage they would repeal much of the emissions standards.

Ya'll funny.
If you're stupid enough to believe these regulations only apply to car standards...

The machine and its cogs will not give up power willingly.

I will be surprised if the context of the article from NY Post comes to fruition.
Agreed. Even if the SC strikes this down I expect to see many ignore this. We saw this during the pandemic. The Washington machine is about to start doing what it wants regardless of what the courts say. The courts enforcement arm is very weak. There would have to be several big examples made for it to really come to fruition.

Reactions: DC_Vol and McDad
That will never happen because then congress would be responsible.
Congress is responsible for the agencies creation and has the ability to approve their rules and regs. Congress is responsible whatever happens. I think the case is some sort of back door way to end the agencies by saying Congress doesn't have any ability delegate authority. Seems silly.

Congress is responsible for the agencies creation and has the ability to approve their rules and regs. Congress is responsible whatever happens. I think the case is some sort of back door way to end the agencies by saying Congress doesn't have any ability delegate authority. Seems silly.

It's not a backdoor way to end the agencies. The way it's been working is congress passes a law and the individual bureaucracies right the actual regulations that are enforced, sometimes (a lot of the times) these regulations are far afield from the purpose or language of the laws passed by congress. So in essence we have un-elected and unaccountable bureaucrats writing laws, congress doesn't want to stop it because it gives them cover, they can campaign on out of control bureaucracies and take no responsibility. If SCOTUS rules correctly the hope is the individual bureaucracies/agencies will no longer be able to write regulations/laws and it will all have to be done by congress.

It's not a backdoor way to end the agencies. The way it's been working is congress passes a law and the individual bureaucracies right the actual regulations that are enforced, sometimes (a lot of the times) these regulations are far afield from the purpose or language of the laws passed by congress. So in essence we have un-elected and unaccountable bureaucrats writing laws, congress doesn't want to stop it because it gives them cover, they can campaign on out of control bureaucracies and take no responsibility. If SCOTUS rules correctly the hope is the individual bureaucracies/agencies will no longer be able to write regulations/laws and it will all have to be done by congress.
Congress has the ability to review and approve the rules they write currently. It all stops and starts with congress. Enforcement is left up to the agencies.

Congress has the ability to review and approve the rules they write currently. It all stops and starts with congress. Enforcement is left up to the agencies.

No shizz Sherlock. But they don’t because they can claim “overreaching bureaucracy, it’s not our fault” if SCOTUS finds that bureaucrats can’t write laws/regulations it puts it all back on congress.

VN Store

Back