5. Lamin Barrow, Sr., LSU
6. Antonio Morrison,So., Florida
7. Benardrick Mckinney, So., MSU
8. Denzel Nkemdiche, So., Miss
9. Ronald Powell, Jr., Florida
10. Kwon Alexander, So., LSU

Ranking the SEC linebackers - SEC Blog - ESPN

SEC position rankings: Linebacker - SEC Blog - ESPN

4. Tennessee: The Vols bring back the league's top tackler in A.J. Johnson and excellent pass-rusher Curt Maggitt, who had his 2012 season shortened because of injury. He should be back to full health this fall, but could move to defensive end. Johnson has a chance to play his way into the first round of next year's NFL draft. Senior Dontavis Sapp doesn't have a ton of experience, but was a star this spring and has the ability to play any of the linebacker spots. Four senior backups return and have combined to play in nearly 140 games. The only problem is that they've also combined for just one start. Senior Brent Brewer also moved from safety to linebacker to give the Vols a lot of speed on the outside.

Reactions: 8 people
Well that's just weird. People kept saying he had no chance of being a 1st rd pick. Some people went on to say he couldn't be a second or third rd pick.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah; Great for AJ but he should not have this many tackles, I know he was trying to help the team but playing his position is also important. The defense will be the other side of the coin, from poorly coach last year and the 3-4 exposing our LB depth with all of the injuries it will be interesting. CM is the lost key to our D, he will be a force on the field if the injuries are in the past.

AJ is the only one to have scored multiple touchdowns!!!

It's because...yeah...HE GETS IT!

That had to be the dumbest move by Dools that any head coach could have ever made. Ok let's just put our best defensive player out here on the field at RB and give him another opportunity to get injured. That's why Dools didn't "get it".

That had to be the dumbest move by Dools that any head coach could have ever made. Ok let's just put our best defensive player out here on the field at RB and give him another opportunity to get injured. That's why Dools didn't "get it".

I agree partially with you.

Let me ask you this: What time did he score a touchdown and you were disappointed? I know the answer: None.

He used to play halfback/fullback in high school. Also, every time he lined up the defense knew exactly what we were doing; however, was he ever denied a touchdown? No, no he wasn't.

Reactions: 2 people

It speaks of A.J.'s athleticism but too, to the lack of confidence in our RB's, short yardage and inside the five gm.

Reactions: 4 people

Let me ask you this: What time did he score a touchdown and you were disappointed? I know the answer: None.

He used to play halfback/fullback in high school. Also, every time he lined up the defense knew exactly what we were doing; however, was he ever denied a touchdown? No, no he wasn't.

So why don't we put Lane and Neal at LB and AJ and Maggitt at RB? Just sayin!

You're not getting what I'm saying. The touchdowns I was happy about. Just think if he were to have gotten hurt. It would be all Dooley's fault. Correct? Ok, that's all I'm saying. Just a bad call from the sideline

He's leaner and now that we're back to a 4-3, I look for him to wreak more havoc than the previously two seasons. Beast mode in full effect.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back