ESPN hates us?

mudhen

Damn, they moved us up to no. 7. That's some rarified air that we haven't seen for a while.

Reactions: PA Vol
This is not the old ESPN.
ABC is now the SEC network.
Disney owns both ABC and ESPN.
I noticed much more love from ESPN today for
every SEC team ( especially UT ) then in past seasons.

Reactions: tennesseecoyote
I don't know how to link. I was looking at MSN and I saw the story It was MSN Sports. On the top row, there were links for different sports and I pressed the NCAA football one. The story was there. The article was by James Parks

I don't know how to link. I was looking at MSN and I saw the story It was MSN Sports. On the top row, there were links for different sports and I pressed the NCAA football one. The story was there. The article was by James Parks

He's referencing the power index rankings in that article.

And a non app link for those who'd prefer not to use the MSN app

Last edited:
Everyone was waiting to see how Nico played. He put his name in the HeisTman race yesterday by hitting receivers in stride and not making any bad decisions. Nico made his reads and threw to the open receiver. If he has a similar game against NC State hold on to your beer as everyone will start taking notice.

Yeah just checked and ESPN still showing us 15. The author used the power index update and confused it with actual ranking. Josh Pate has to go over this every week because people confuse the two. One describes based on the model any given teams pecking order if they played every team in the NCAA P5 on a neutral field. Basically ESPN's computer favors Tennessee against every team besides the 6 teams ahead of them. Not necessarily that they are the number 7 ranked team voted on by the AP

Yeah just checked and ESPN still showing us 15. The author used the power index update and confused it with actual ranking. Josh Pate has to go over this every week because people confuse the two. One describes based on the model any given teams pecking order if they played every team in the NCAA P5 on a neutral field. Basically ESPN's computer favors Tennessee against every team besides the 6 teams ahead of them. Not necessarily that they are the number 7 ranked team voted on by the AP
Ok. Still better than a poke in the eye with a stick.

That's a huge move. I think we're one of the top 5-10 teams so that seems appropriate in reality, but moving up 8 spots is crazy given we played a FCS team. We should have been ranked higher preseason

this is not the AP or Coaches poll. Those come out on Tuesday morning

Again, FPI ranking not AP poll

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240901-174341.png
    Screenshot_20240901-174341.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 4
That's a huge move. I think we're one of the top 5-10 teams so that seems appropriate in reality, but moving up 8 spots is crazy given we played a FCS team. We should have been ranked higher preseason
They wanted to see Nico. Everything else already checked out.

VN Store

Back