ESPN loves us?

Top 30 teams that could make playoffs they have us 9th College Football Playoff 2024: 30 teams that can reach postseason

9. Tennessee Volunteers
FPI's chance to make playoff: 36.9% | Win national title: 2.7%

2023 record: 9-4
ESPN BET odds to win the national title: +3500
CFP ranking history: 18 appearances, highest at No. 1
37% is right where I've seen us slotted.

About 35-38%.

I do wonder how much consideration 9-3 teams from the SEC will get. Think this could be the X-factor for an OM, Mizzou, LSU, OU, or us.

About 35-38%.

I do wonder how much consideration 9-3 teams from the SEC will get. Think this could be the X-factor for an OM, Mizzou, LSU, OU, or us.
I feel like the last 2-3 teams in the playoffs will lend up being 9-3 and because of SoS SEC teams and Big10 teams will get dibs on those. Teams from p4 going undefeated are gonna be far and few between with the current makeup in the P4. OSU still has a laughably weak OOC schedule but now their in conference schedule is respectable. For the first time in a long time they play more than 3 teams with pulses in conference.

About 35-38%.

If the previous 3 years of CFP rankings are any indicator then no 9-3 team will be selected. Cut line is 10-2.

VN Store

Back