espn not only .....

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
espn doesnt put us in the preseason top 5 but they also put us at the #2 overrated team in the nation. cant wait to show them

Alberts list was overrated in relation to expectations. UT is expected by many to go undefeated but I seriously doubt we'll do that.

Originally posted by volinbham@Jul 6, 2005 7:21 PM
And they still don't think Peyton should have won the Heisman  :ph34r:

:p
[snapback]110796[/snapback]​

Hey!

...That was a great one-handed catch Woodson made that year. :bs:

Overrated teams

1) Miami
2) Tennessee
3) Georgia
4) Oklahoma
5) Notre Dame

Sleeper teams

1) Texas A&M
2) Penn State
3) Alabama
4) Purdue
5) Florida State

Not really sure I understand too many of those picks. Oh well, :espn:

I may be one of the biggest UT homers in the country and I don't believe we'll finish in the top 5. I believe 2006 and 2007 will be our better years to come. But we do have some talent this year along with some weaknesses and a very tough schedule. OTOH, ESPN and Alberts are @$$holes :neener:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jul 6, 2005 8:38 PM
I may be one of the biggest UT homers in the country and I don't believe we'll finish in the top 5.  I believe 2006 and 2007 will be our better years to come.  But we do have some talent this year along with some weaknesses and a very tough schedule.  OTOH, ESPN and Alberts are @$$holes :neener:
[snapback]110837[/snapback]​

I agree...This hype in crazy considering the way our defense played toward the end of the season. We also won alot of close games. I think we will be improve as the season goes on and be a much better team in 2006. I wish we would start the season at 16 and work our way up.

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jul 6, 2005 9:33 PM
Overrated teams

1) Miami
2) Tennessee
3) Georgia
4) Oklahoma
5) Notre Dame

Sleeper teams

1) Texas A&M
2) Penn State
3) Alabama
4) Purdue
5) Florida State

Not really sure I understand too many of those picks.  Oh well,  :espn:
[snapback]110836[/snapback]​

I understand most of the picks, and all of the sleeper teams.

Overrated:

Miami - every year they have a hiccup game where they lose to a team they never should lose to( UNC), They will be a top 10 team but I see 2 or 3 losses.

Tennessee - I'm realy confused on how the Vols are overrated, half the analysts seem to have UGA or UF winning the SEC East. Bu the back to back aways agaisnt UF and LSU could be a killer if Tenn doesnt win 1 of those.

Georgia - Lost their passing game weapons and will be a top 10 team. If the offense doesn't pan out, they could be looking at 3rd place in the SEC East.

Oklahoma - Without Jason White, they may lose some games. Top 5 team that may actually lose to Texas this year, but it's tough to say that they're overrated when Adrian Peterson is their RB.

Notre Dame - The kings of overrating, every year announcers and analysts want to talk ND up and kiss their ass, and then they witness a 6-5 season.

Sleeper teams

Texas A&M - The Aggies came on strong with the emergence of QB Reggie McNeal and have been building a solid program over the past few seasons. They can make a splash this year and turn some heads in the Big 12 south.

Penn State - returning all players on an already tough defense. Behind only Ohio State and maybe Iowa, they have the toughest D in the Big 10. True freshmen Derrick Williams and Justin King could get this fofense going and they could be a candidate for the Big 10 title

Alabama - I have Alabama finishing nd in the SEC West, and many think that is too high. Their D is still darn good and if Croyle can play without his injury of last year lingering, along witha good running game, the Tide could challenge LSU for the SEC West

Purdue - They have a bunch of talent, it all depends on the new QB Kirsh to get the job done as replacing Orton won't be easy. The real thing about them being a sleeper team though: They do not have Michigan or Ohio State on their schedule this year. They have a damn good chance to go undefeated in the Big 10 because of that, if they can get by Iowa and PSU.

Florida State - I would call them a sleeper team because the past few seasons have been a bit rough for FSU standards, and now with VT, Miami, and BC in the ACC, FSU has been shuffled around as the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference. The QB situation needs to be settled, but they have the talent on offense and defense to make a big run at the ACC crown.

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jul 6, 2005 8:33 PM
Overrated teams

1) Miami
2) Tennessee
3) Georgia
4) Oklahoma
5) Notre Dame

Sleeper teams

1) Texas A&M
2) Penn State
3) Alabama
4) Purdue
5) Florida State

Not really sure I understand too many of those picks.  Oh well,  :espn:
[snapback]110836[/snapback]​

Bama a sleeper team? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They might be a sleeper but they'll stay that way all season....They will not even make a bowl game...Sissy boy Croyle will be lucky if he makes it to our game....He's too afraid to chip a nail....Little sissy boy

Originally posted by richmort@Jul 6, 2005 8:49 PM
I agree...This hype in crazy considering the way our defense played toward the end of the season. We also won alot of close games. I think we will be improve as the season goes on and be a much better team in 2006. I wish we would start the season at 16 and work our way up.
[snapback]110838[/snapback]​

Forget that, if you can't handle being up top to begin with then it's tough to justify jumping other teams ahead of you. This is why these young men come to UT and why we cheer for them so hard. They all say they want to win championships! Well here's their best shot. I'm the eternal UT optimist. I believe we will go undefeated every year and it kills me when we don't. I am just pissed we aren't #1!!!

About the comment on Alabama by #10Ainge#10......i hate bama as much as the next guy but i think that bama will be one of the more overlooked teams this year which could mean trouble if we don't take them seriously. They have the potential to have an 8 win season along with a new years bowl. just my 2 cents. that is if crolye stays healthy

Yep. Their offense should actualy be competent enough to take advantage of the situation their D gives them next season. I still pick Bama to win the West.

VN Store

Back