Espn Preseason Poll.

"And for once, the Volunteers have post-bowl momentum."

Please, we might have had some bad bowl games like everyone else, but we have won more than one bowl. It worries me that this idiot has us ranked so high.

Here's my favorite. Talk about digging for justification. :D :eek:lol:

24. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Why: Plenty of players back from the Champs Sports Bowl champions

well in football world winning only 1 bowl game in 3 years is along time to go without a bowl win, especially when your tennessee.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 7, 2005 10:47 PM
well in football world winning only 1 bowl game in 3 years is along time to go without a bowl win, especially when your tennessee.

That doesn't make any sense.

what i meant was, to lose 2 straight bowl games makes it feel like its been forever since the last time you won a bowl game. i hope that explains it better. what the guy was trying to say was it has been a while since we had good post season momentum. hopefully we can build off of it.

4. Tennessee Vols
Why: Three proven quarterbacks return, plus plenty of additional experience after all the possible early-entry candidates decided to stay. And for once, the Volunteers have post-bowl momentum.

Why not: In their last four SEC games of 2004, the Vols gave up an average of 32.8 points and 467 yards offense. That needs to improve before facing Urban Meyer, Mark Richt, Steve Spurrier, et.al. in '05.
----------------------

OK now I can see them saying that about Mark Richt...But Spurrier and good ole Oscar? Come on now...Spurrier don't have the talent over there right now and Urban is still going to be working out some of the kinks when he gets to Florida and it comes time to play the Vols.....But that's ESPN for ya

hey dont look past usc, steve spurrier gets his teams ready to play, you never know what will happen.

yeah but he's not got the talent to compete right now and beat good teams...at least IMO he doesn't......Give him 4 years and he'll have HIS players in there and ready to go but until then I think he'll be at the middle of the East race like they've always been

i dont know, sc has been coming so close to beat us the last few years (except last year) they might be due this year.

Nope...Those games have only been close because we've let them....Of course when you've got a winning heritage like we do...Any team is going to give you their best shot

Just remeber that Spurrier needs players that fit his system - not necessarily a #1 recruiting class. They will be a presence and the fact that he loves nothing more than beating Phil - he will be a problem - SC might be the cindarella of the SEC.

Yeah, but it works both ways. it's been sorta hard for TN to get up for SC every year. Now that they have Spurrier, there will be alot more incentive for TN to choke his chickens!

I may be totally wrong. But I don't think Stevie Boy will do much better with the gamecocks than Holtz did. As we all know, Gainesville's is in the middle of a wealth of high school football talent. Spurrier was able to share some of it with Bowden and still build the nucleus (did I just use that word :blink: ) of some very good offensive football teams in the early to mid 90's. He beat us soundly during this time and everyone, even myself, was in awe a little bit. The last 5-6 years have been a different story. CPF and Stevie, have pretty much been trading punch's. I just don't think he'll be able to recapture what he had at Florida. Especially in the early 90's. Especially in Columbia.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Feb 8, 2005 5:09 PM
UGA at 16??????????? I know we are reloading but come on.

Schedule is too tough with too many big losses. Boise St., Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, USC, Ga Tech. SO many big games. All of those teams would have been bowl teams had USC not been acting like Mike Tyson. UGA could lose 3 games next year.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Feb 8, 2005 5:09 PM
UGA at 16??????????? I know we are reloading but come on.

I'm not picking on you but if ya'll aren't careful and don't get ready for them, Boise State could upset ya'll.....I'd say I'm not telling you something you already know but you can't underestimate teams like that

I agree that we cant overlook Boise St. and I definatley dont think we will considering they are ranked ahead of us. Your right its definatley a tough schedule but I hope to suprise some people. I seam to remeber a team that was supposed to win the NC with Peyton and ended up winning it the next season (their rebuilding year). hmmmmmmm....im just saying you never know.

Originally posted by TNFanBornandRaised@Feb 9, 2005 1:22 PM
lol dont torture me with that......ive had many a vol hater tell me tee done what peyton couldnt (and still hasnt)  :dunno:

It just goes to show you that one person can't carry a team, that's all. Tee had a better team playing for him than Peyton did. When Peyton left, everyone on that team stepped it up a notch.

TN can't afford to look past anyone next year. That's when they get into trouble. They tend to play down to the competition. If they do get it in thier head that they are as good as we all expect them to be they better have an attitude like Auburn did last year. Stomp everybody hard and don't be playing around, take care of business! Last year when we had the close games, I noticed that during the pregame warm-ups that UT was joking and jiving and playing around. If they have that attitude this year with any team watch out! If they keep the right attitude, we have the talent to run the table. Unfortunately TN seems to suffer from alot of emotional inconsistencies alot like Jekel and hyde.

VN Store

Back