ESPN totally missed entire graphic on our new QBs

OrngeJuiceJones

Anyone else notice ESPN botch that graphic on our freshman QBs to start bowl games? Missed it entirely. Said Manning lost 94 Gator when we blew out VT. Said Clausen lost 2001 Cotton when that game was in 2000, he won citrus bowl in 2001 vs Michigan. Then said Bray won 2010 music city bowl and he did not. Do your homework ESPN

Anyone else notice ESPN botch that graphic on our freshman QBs to start bowl games? Missed it entirely. Said Manning lost 94 Gator when we blew out VT. Said Clausen lost 2001 Cotton when that game was in 2000, he won citrus bowl in 2001 vs Michigan. Then said Bray won 2010 music city bowl and he did not. Do your homework ESPN
The Bray debacle game, changed the rule the next year because of how it ended.

Last edited:

Nice catch. My memory didn’t go back that far for the first two, but I thought they may have been wrong about Bray.

However that game was so wild, I thought maybe my memory was wrong.

They were wrong on Peyton but that was the 2001 Cotton Bowl…they were going by when the game was actually played on that graphic, not the season, which was 2000.

I was at 2 out of the 3 of those games and couldn't believe how badly they messed it up, though I shouldn't be surprised. ESPN is trash.

Why the surprise? ESPN hates the Vols.

That being said, we're seeing a lot of communication fallacies these days. It matters not whether referring to the detached from the brain mouths in Washington, news anchors,, agency spokespersons, school personnel, or your neighbors. ESPN is just being par for the course in their usual: "I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'll pretend I do."

Reactions: onevol74
ABC went into the 2nd quarter before they figured out how to show the line of scrimmage and first down lines on the field. Their audio was also hit and miss. Poor tech team on ABC’s part.

I must have looked at it wrong.
I thought they got all of them backwards with the "Won" and "Lost" business

Comedy. I wondered the same thing to. I only remember peyton losing to nebraska his senior year. Espn is as lazy as their shows.

We were at the Citrus Bowl game with UM that year also. Michigan fans were on top of the world for a few minutes.

ESPN/ABC posted this graphic during the game:

The only thing correct in this was the Cotton Bowl loss. Peyton won the Gator bowl and we lost the Music City Bowl based on UNC and the ref's garbage in the final seconds of regulation.

ESPN is trash.

VN Store

Back