Ethiopia

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
We continue to butt our noses where we don't belong. WTF is the strategic military reasoning for the US to be messing around in East Africa?

Ethiopia Warns US: Stop "Spreading False Info" About War | ZeroHedge
Since the war broke out last year, the US has sanctioned Ethiopia and its northern neighbor Eritrea and is threatening more action. Ethiopians regularly protest against Western intervention in the war. On November 7th, tens of thousands of Ethiopians marched in Addis Ababa in support of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and denounced the US.

The US claims to be neutral in the conflict, but a group of former US and other Western diplomats met with a TPLF official via Zoom on Sunday to express support for the group, and a video of the conference was obtained by investigative journalist Jeff Pearce.

I don't know much about these groups or the government of Ethiopia but more and more I'm against interventionism, especially if it's an internal conflict that doesn't create an immediate threat to the US. I do believe in assisting democratic societies that have their sovereignty under attack.

Reactions: StarRaider
Withe their corrupt PM waging war on the old authoritarian party, it'd probably be best to let them wipe each other out .....except for the half million people caught between them in a full blown humanitarian crisis. Africa can be a messed up place.

VN Store

Back