Fall Practice

surrealvol

Okay gang, who do you think will be the first freshman promoted to the first team this Fall, and why do you say so? :question:

Morley maybe...? Although I hope our returning DBs are strong enough not to get beat out by a true FR.

Bolden...! In a super strong DE rotation

Maybe Briscoe but its going to be very hard to get time at wideout. But i think we'll see him early

Originally posted by AtomicCityPitbulls@May 21, 2005 12:29 PM
Smokey you better slow it down you will get a headache.
[snapback]97019[/snapback]​

yea i got a headache lookin at all that..

But i think it will be Bolden.

None.

Bolden will not be a starter this fall but will play alot
Morely should play alot but will not start

i think 4 possibly have a chance at starting.

josh mcneil
demonte bolden
demetrice morley
josh briscoe

if i had to guess, mcneil and morley would have the best chance but all will play alot. u may see others getting time at kr or pr and special teams. also look for myers white and mccoy to play alot.

Originally posted by Vol67@May 21, 2005 1:13 PM
None.

Bolden will not be a starter this fall but will play alot
Morely should play alot but will not start
[snapback]97037[/snapback]​

I ditto your response. Bolden may be the first to get into a game, but unless our players are dropping like flies, the players with experience have a huge head start on the freshmen....including Crompton.

i believe it will be josh mcneal he is a solid center who will start right away if not game one game 2 or 3 , briscoe certainly did look amazing in the orange and white game but the depth at wr is solid, morley,mccoy, myer white and bolden all will play sold minutes. But let me tell you i bought the recruiting dvd and someone the could help us out TREMENDOUSLY on special team is Lucas Taylor, in the video clips of him he is so so fast and had all the moves to make the defenders miss GO VOLS!!!

it won't be either a wr or a d-lineman since we are stacked with depth at these positions. the most likely spots that would be filled would be in the secondary, and i don't think that will happen either.

I still think with any improvment Bolden will see alot of time.
We are solid at DT but he could sub early and be very effective.

But in all positions' our worst luck is in the summer. We have had a horrible time with injuries of late. So its nice to know theres safety in numbers.

I disagree on Bolden. Our DT rotation is typically 5 men deep. He will without a doubt be in that. However, he will not be named to one of the 2 starting slots over the likes of Mahelona, Harell, or McBride. The only way he gets past those 3, for one of those 2 starting spots is injury. Let's hope that doesn't happen. He will definately play, and play often, I just don't see him starting, which isn't important anyway.

I think Morley could possibly start by mid season once he gets the system under his belt. He has the ability and swagger already to play in this league. However, it has yet to be seen if he has the durability. I'm looking forward to seeing him in 7 on 7 work and later, Fall drills.

I think Morley has a shot if he lives up to his reputation. I agree with Wolf, Bolden can't get past the starters without one of them getting injured. I think both of these guys will play early and often.

this isnt a question about how good the incoming player is, but who is ahead on the roster at his position(s).

bolden-mahelona, mcbride, harrell will all be above him and i doubt hes going to leap frog even one of these. id say he could be our #4 dt though.

mcneil-ligon isnt very experienced at center, gandy is hurt, mayo is a big ? and isnt healthy, douglas is too valuable at sg. if gandy doesnt come back and mayo nor ligon can take over then u may see mcneil pushed into a starting role.

morley-he may have a good chance because he is so versatile. 3 positions are open, but he will have to compete with wade, inky, campbell, stewart, fellows, hefney, and maybe even banks if hes allowed to come back. i think he may end up starting if wade and campbell dont improve over last year, banks isnt allowed back or isnt put in the secondary, and if he can leap past 2 of the other 3. he will definitely play from day 1 though.

briscoe-in one of the deepest positions at ut. barring injuries, he has no shot at starting, but will play.

mccoy-he has an outside shot if neither of the mitchells come to play and poe doesnt improve. i doubt he will jump gaither or simon. he may take a redshirt, as may fellow lb andre mathis.

u will definitely see freshmen playing this year, i just dont think u will see any starting. i see the player with the best chance being mcneil, of course u may see one step up and blow everyone away. if i had to bet, u may see freshmen playing at all positions, with the exceptions of qb, unless crompton blows the coaches away and still probably will rs, and rb, i doubt coker and hardesty will pick up the schemes quickly enough, nor will be needed this year.

That is my view, only that Bolden will be into a rotation early. He wont assume the #1 DT.

Also keep getting a feeling pending his weight when he returns, if theres any need for reserve at DE he could see work there. Again no he will not start!

Either way he's a monster. Provided he learns his assignments over the summer. We should see him often.

As for the topic of freshmen' I dont expect any to become #1 but a handful will get alot of playing time.

Mcneil is the next center at UT' but its a key OL position. He had some of the best stats ive seen period as a center comming out, but this summer at center Ligon makes the snaps while Gandy continues to heal up.

VN Store

Back