first day in pads

checkerboard_charly

great stuff right here.

love it man. ainge looks good, and so does clausen.

simon is heathy.

who is number 34? he tore up or first team d.

All I can say is...IMPRESSIVE...The men looked good...I just hope we can pull it out this year and get us a NC

Wow...

Were they actually drilling tackles? Using their hands and wrapping up???!!!

May be a good year after all.

Sinclair Cannon seems to have pretty good hands. I thought that was Carl Pickens. Good to see Anderson catch a ball. I love seeing him in the open field with the ball in his hands.

Hardesty did look good but it was hard to tell if he was doing that against any starters. Of course Trooper Taylor was the first one out celbrating after the first run.

Thanks for the link, I saw a lot of good stuff, and a bit of bad stuff, but I think as the practices continue we will see less bad stuff. It was great to see the hits, the offense and the defense. Two things that really stuck out were of course Trooper Taylor and Coach Chavis. Trooper was in there with all is energy and motivation. I also liked Coach Chavis yelling a few things in most plays. Making sure they did the little things. I know we are not very far into practice, but if we have the fundamentals, then we can build, and hopefully cut down on the fumbles, turnovers and miss-tackles. I have high hopes if we can get in line with the conditioning. :yahoo:

Thanks for the link CC. Ainge looked comfortable in the pocket, a couple of good runs there by Hardesty, a couple of nice catches, too, from the wideouts.

Then again, just seeing the boys out in pads again is good enough for me. They could have performed the Nutcracker and I'd have been pleased as punch.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 10, 2005 12:12 AM
I'd bet doing the nutcracker in pads is probably tougher than SEC football.
[snapback]125101[/snapback]​

Willie Gault used to be good at it.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Aug 10, 2005 12:16 AM
Willie Gault used to be good at it.
[snapback]125107[/snapback]​

That 's the funniest thing I have read all day. :laugh1:

Oh man this is getting me too excited! Do we seriously have to wait 24 more days?!?!?! I'm even excited to get back in Knoxville and going to class... I'll do anything for some good games in Neyland.

Trooper is RB coach, slash aka, Run with me on your back!

For myself only, that second back has always been my concern!

IMO we are getting better with mental mistakes? Less 5-10 yard bone-head flags.(last yr)

Everything is coming together , Just from the practice reports etc.

The Vols are once again on the same page.

Leadership is really stepping up in practice. The coaches are throwing it all at them quick like.

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Aug 9, 2005 9:42 PM
looking good guys, 34 looked real good. was that the first team d?
]"He’s a legit SEC back," said an excited, although hesitant, Allen. "He’s a young pup. If he can get in and do that with the first team—which I doubt it—If he can show that type of speed and those skills, he’s going to be a heckuva back.

However, as good as the UT defense will be this year, I bet the 2nd team is on par w/ most other D's.

Fulmer's quote about lacking a consistent deep threat is troubling. What about Chris Hannon or Robert Meachem?

We need a deep threat to make some big TDs and take pressure off the running game and the short passing game. This has plagued us a lot in recent years, but it seems like we should have the WRs this year to eliminate that problem.

Remember when we used to throw it deep and hit Willie, Anthony Miller, Tim McGee, Alvin Harper, Anthony Morgan, TD Woods, Carl Pickens, Joey Kent, Marcus Nash, Peerless, and most recently Donte Stallworth?

Damn. I sometimes forget we are freaking Wide Receiver U.

Smoke and mirrors Gen. :D I'd say as a GROUP these guys are the best WR corps. we've ever had. Lots of ppl are talking up Meach, which may get him double teamed... but I don't think I'd want to leave the likes of Fayton, Hannon, et al. open if I were the other team's D.

I've always thought Hannon was the best physically, and after the Auburn game of '03 we learned that he CAN catch... but last year he dropped a lot. Concentration maybe?

His attitude and concentration have always been the only thing holding him back. The guy is 6'4 and has been clocked around 4.3 in the 40 (I still don't know if that 4.27 he ran is legit).

I just hated his comments last preseason, saying "I'm the best WR in the nation . . . I'm Charles Rogers (former Michigan State WR and top 5 pick to the Lions).

Originally posted by GenNeyland9@Aug 10, 2005 10:01 AM
Fulmer's quote about lacking a consistent deep threat is troubling.  What about Chris Hannon or Robert Meachem?

We need a deep threat to make some big TDs and take pressure off the running game and the short passing game.  This has plagued us a lot in recent years, but it seems like we should have the WRs this year to eliminate that problem.

Remember when we used to throw it deep and hit Willie, Anthony Miller, Tim McGee, Alvin Harper, Anthony Morgan, TD Woods, Carl Pickens, Joey Kent, Marcus Nash, Peerless, and most recently Donte Stallworth?

Damn.  I sometimes forget we are freaking Wide Receiver U.
[snapback]125191[/snapback]​

I agree, that comment caught me off guard.

VN Store

Back