First Lady Vols Basketball game

Our Family is attending our first Lady Vols basketball game next week. We have never been to TBA. Can you give me some insight on best place to park and a great place to eat. Any other insightful info would be great! Thank you!
I usually park on the ag campus right by the vet school. From there you can either catch a shuttle to TBA or, my preference, just walk through campus. It’s a particularly nice walk this time of year when campus is empty!

Ugh parking. In the craziest, most attendance killing move imaginable, parking in lots has gone up to 20$ this year! If you don't mind paying, my fave parking place is the hilly lot just beyond the Vol statue in circle park. Just beyond the Communications Bldg, right across the street fm Neyland Stadium. Easy 5 min walk to TBA.

I usually park free, if its not freezing of raining, behind the baseball stadium. There's a free lot there and usually plenty of free street parking. Another short walk to the Tommy Bowl.

Plenty of eats. Calhouns on the river on Neyland Drive across fm the stadium is good and convenient. If you can, go to the Hall of Fame just up the hill. There's a Ruth Crists up there which is pricey but good. If you are early enough, go downtown to Market Square. Free parking after 5 and on weekends in Market St garage, right across the street. On Market Sq, there's Cafe 4, Tupelo Honey's, and I love Myrtle's. Great selection of craft brews.

Def get to the game in time for the firework introductions. And don't judge us by crowd size. We're in a swoon, students are off for break, and it a Tuesday evening. But the small crowd has one big plus, you can really sit anywhere you want. For sure sit in the lower bowl. Maybe start out in ticketed seats but once the game starts, if you spot better just go for it. No one will question.

If there is still a basketball god, you might witness the return of Rickea. Maybe limited, but you don't get to see a player on that level very often. Have a great time!

For paid parking I find the public lot above G5 on Lake Loudon Bkvd to be the best. 20 dollars, yes, but you are about a football field from gate C and have path out to I40 or to take the path of Cumberland to Chapman Hwy. I take this way bc I use CHapman to get me back to Pigeon Forge

If you want to go early, the arena opens up 1 hr early and you can go in and pretty much sit near courtside and watch the team do warmups and then go to your seat afterward

Our Family is attending our first Lady Vols basketball game next week. We have never been to TBA. Can you give me some insight on best place to park and a great place to eat. Any other insightful info would be great! Thank you!
I'd second the folks saying park at the Ag campus and ride the shuttle. It's easy to use and also puts you in easy access to the I40 after the game.

Food near campus
Fieldhouse Social
Chivo
Southern Grit
Calhouns
Sweet P's
South Coast Pizza
Barleys
Chesapeake's
Stock and Barrel

I'd second the folks saying park at the Ag campus and ride the shuttle. It's easy to use and also puts you in easy access to the I40 after the game.

Food near campus
Fieldhouse Social
Chivo
Southern Grit
Calhouns
Sweet P's
South Coast Pizza
Barleys
Chesapeake's
Stock and Barrel
Sweet P's BBQ is the bomb

Do you have youngsters? Get there early and you can get a pass for them to give the team a high five before the game. They might get lucky and get invited down for the chicken dance too.

It shouldn’t be to hard to get a place to park, want be many there as bad as the team is now

How does that work? We just got season tickets this year and I have a 4 year old who’d love to get on the court.
This past Sunday there was a table (on the level with the concessions) with some students, I suppose -- they were passing out coloring sheets and rosters. They had some passes for the high five also. On another occasion, there was just someone on that level just passing out the high five passes.

For the chicken dance, a cheerleader just came up into the stands and asked our girls if they wanted to do it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Congratulations on attending your first game, which is something 90% of the posters on this board haven't done before!

Send me a DM and I'll give you a parking pass next to the arena.
Super Fan brag!

I feel pretty somber being a 10%er Club Member.

Thank you to everyone who posted and gave us suggestions for us. I have to say it was a great experience for our entire family. From high fiving the players as they ran onto the court, to getting autographs. Thank you, Vol Nation for your help. A special thank you to earlVolFan for the fantastic parking pass!

Thank you to everyone who posted and gave us suggestions for us. I have to say it was a great experience for our entire family. From high fiving the players as they ran onto the court, to getting autographs. Thank you, Vol Nation for your help. A special thank you to earlVolFan for the fantastic parking pass!
@EarlVolFan 's a pearl...No one has/can say different

So glad to hear you had a great time! Go Lady Vols!

VN Store

Back